Somewhere to sell on Monsoon formal dresses that ISN'T eBay...

(8 Posts)
BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 02-Nov-16 14:53:48

...because eBay is a nightmare.

Basically, I've got a load of formal dresses from Monsoon that are now way too big for me. All in lovely condition, and I'm sad to see them go. I'd like them to sell for a reasonable price, much cheaper than they were bought for, but this just doesn't seem to happen on eBay unless you're a 'professional' seller. I've tried starting at 99p, tried setting a reserve price, a set starting price, Buy It Now... nada.

Any ideas please? I've listed a few on my local Facebay page, but that's it so far.

Ratbagcatbag Wed 02-Nov-16 14:54:58

Gumtree. Better descriptions on eBay? Clothing sale?

What size are they? wink

carrie74 Wed 02-Nov-16 14:58:25

Could try a dress agency, but they'll take a cut. I reckon best chance of making money is via eBay.

You could try depop as well maybe?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 02-Nov-16 15:34:09

Depop
Gumtree
Facebook selling (although I would time to wedding season)

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 02-Nov-16 15:36:29

A variety of 16 to 18, Ratbag grin Will try Gumtree too.

carrie, I've never heard of Depop - thanks for the suggestion!

The descriptions/photos aren't a problem, the only real improvement I could make is to use a tailor's dummy to show the dresses off properly, but I don't have one. I always try to find the name of the dress online, and a stock photo (if possible) along with pics of the actual dress I have.

JustPoppingBy Wed 02-Nov-16 15:42:24

My daughters use Vinted, they buy and sell and do quite well.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Wed 02-Nov-16 16:00:04

Vinted! Of course - I used to have the app for that, ages and ages ago. Thanks JustPopping smile

JustPoppingBy Wed 02-Nov-16 16:55:33

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now