What do you think of this bag?

(9 Posts)
olivesnutsandcheese Wed 02-Nov-16 00:33:55

DH bought me a handbag for my birthday.
I think I like it, definitely like the sentiment but I'm also worried it's deeply uncool.

It's a Radley Grafton tote in red.

To give a bit of context, DH also recently said to me that some of my clothes are mumsy shock but his mum has a Radley bag and loves them.
For the record, DH has fairly poor taste and I bin bagged 80% of his clothes when I met him. And I really don't think I look mumsy except for the basic fact I am a mum.

Before I get rid of the receipt I need to know if I'm going to look like my MIL if I use this bag.

Sprink Wed 02-Nov-16 00:41:02

The bag will look as young or old as you style yourself. It's a clean design and doesn't really have an age.

dovesong Wed 02-Nov-16 00:57:42

I am relatively young and somewhat "cool" (what is cool anyway?!) and I think it's a really nice chic bag. Classic designs never date or get uncool. If a bag is made from good materials and isn't too embellished, "trendy", or covered with a designer's name, you're good to go.

burnishedsilver Wed 02-Nov-16 01:44:14

It's a bit stiff looking for my liking.

PrimalLass Wed 02-Nov-16 23:00:17

I do have a very similar Radley bag that I love, but I'm not keen on that one for some reason.

MikeUniformMike Wed 02-Nov-16 23:15:01

The bag is vile. Give it to me, I'll dispose of it for you.

No - the bag is great. I wouldn't advise buying anyone a bag as a present as it is personal but your husband has chosen a practical, useful one in a cheery colour.

If you have any doubt and if it wouldn't upset your DH too much change it.

BusterGonad Thu 03-Nov-16 02:15:35

I personally think it's a granny bag. Sorry OP it just looks matronly!

PNGirl Thu 03-Nov-16 09:17:12

Hmm. If you wear it with jeans, trainers/sensible ankle boots and a casual coat then it's going to look frumpy. Worn with work attire and a smarter coat then I think it's fine.

If you think it's a bit obvious Radley, remove the dangly bits? :D

FuckThatToOneSide Thu 03-Nov-16 09:38:28

I'm so sorry if this sounds mean spirited and normally I try to be diplomatic about these things, but, if you want a completely honest opinion, I don't like it, and if my DH bought it for me, I'd return it. The style is a little frumpy to me and I don't like the handle. I find the little dog on Radley bags a bit twee as well. I'm only saying this as it isn't particularly cheap either. If he got it at a bargain price I might keep it, but if he paid £100+ I know I could find nicer bags for that if I looked.

That said, I'm not very cool afaik so maybe you don't want to listen to me grin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now