Landsend?

(10 Posts)
Didiusfalco Mon 31-Oct-16 22:38:00

Perhaps not actually a style question, but what is their stuff like? I'm after a totally waterproof mid weight coat/jacket nothing super warm but not a shell either for school runs and some walking on weekends. My mum loves her Landsend and is trying to convince me - what do you think? Have had a look at some previous coat threads on here but some of the recommendations don't seem to be available any more.

bunnybleu Mon 31-Oct-16 23:06:42

I've got one of their long down coats and I love it. Bought it during a sale and it's been fab (especially for playground duty!). It's worth keeping an eye out for a 20% off deal or similar.

Scuttlebutter Mon 31-Oct-16 23:29:08

I have several items from them, including fleeces, a gilet and waterproof jackets. They are hard wearing and excellent quality but not very stylish - I don't mind this as they are highly effective when I am out with the dogs in the winter. grin

pericat Mon 31-Oct-16 23:35:33

I really love Landsend for coats, t shirts and cashmere jumpers. I find they are good quality, and last for ages. They do plus sizes too. Not high fashion but very practical ( just realised how old that makes me sound).

Didiusfalco Tue 01-Nov-16 05:46:12

Oh thanks everyone - that's positive. How does their sizing come up?

Kr1stina Tue 01-Nov-16 06:00:33

Sizes are big

ishouldcocoa Tue 01-Nov-16 06:16:52

I'm a fan of their basic stuff, like cashmere jumpers and Gilets. They don't win on the style stakes, but are worth the money. If you sign up to their newsletter you ususally get discounts.

BikeRunSki Tue 01-Nov-16 06:42:19

If you sign up for emails, they have discounts all the time.

Lottapianos Tue 01-Nov-16 06:54:01

I have two of their down coats and they are great, warm and lightweight. They're not super stylish but not bad either and tend to have a nice fitted finish rather than making you look all puffed up. I'm sure 12 and I wear a small. They're machine washable too

VeryPunny Tue 01-Nov-16 06:55:32

Excellent quality - love their slippers and pyjamas too. I have a lovely Fair Isle knit jumper from there which is definitely not frumpy but would agree they aren't generally high fashion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now