Fashion Clueless - What to wear for DD's 1st Birthday

(3 Posts)
artlessflirt Mon 31-Oct-16 13:05:30

So, I've recently lost 20lbs - still got a way to go but I've lost 4inches off my waist and I'm feeling quite good about myself.

On Saturday we are throwing a birthday party for my daughter who is turning 1. Lots of family and friends will be attending who haven't seen me for a while and I want to wear something that shows off my weight loss.

It obviously needs to be something practical as DD is walking and being a terror so will still be running around after her, possibly definitely getting smeared with food and/or poo/snot/bodily fluids. But I would like to look and feel good.

I have absolutely zero knowledge of fashion. I normally just wear LBD to events, sometimes form fitting as I have a nice hourglass figure, but I'd like to go some way out of my comfort zone.

I don't often wear jeans as I have a C-Section flabby tum and it just looks like I'm tucking it in. I'm just stuck and don't know what to wear. Help!

polyhymnia Mon 31-Oct-16 13:13:28

Really well cut jeans are the obvious solution - will cope best with the running around etc aspects. Better than any dress would. Maybe get a great upmarket brand you couldn't have got in your size before your weight loss.
With a 'nice top'. I'd probably just go for a good Breton but you might want something more exciting. I'm sure others will have good ideas.

JamieVardysParty Mon 31-Oct-16 14:09:33

Well done on losing the weight. I'm an hourglass and find casual hard sometimes - it either can look too sexy or too frumpy.

I'd go for a denim pencil skirt or the Hush ruched skirt with a V neck tshirt in a colour that suits you and a leather biker jacket.

This is a go to look for me when I want to feel relaxed but know I look good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now