Anyone have a Boden long-sleeve Breton top (this season)?

(13 Posts)
Closetlibrarian Sun 30-Oct-16 20:43:18

I just bought two and was really pleased with them the first time I wore them. Washed them and I swear they've shrunk and they just look a bit crappy already (hem have turned up at the waist, for e.g.). I washed following instructions.

Anyone else had this problem? I'm really sad 'cos they ain't cheap and I think they're going to look like shrunken wrinkly rags after a few more washes...

Cosmicglitterghoul Sun 30-Oct-16 20:48:24

I bought one last year and it shrunk after the first (cool) wash. thlhmm
You should be able to return though.

Closetlibrarian Sun 30-Oct-16 20:51:56

Thanks, I'll try contacting them. It's just so annoying as the first time I wore them they were perfect - great fit, flattering, nice colours. Even more annoying as I used a £10-off voucher that I don't think will get refunded if I return them. sad

unicornsarenotjustforchristmas Sun 30-Oct-16 20:56:42

I have two, one seems to be fine, the other just gone for its first wash tonight. They are the longer line ones though if that makes a difference?
The material feels different to previous years though.
If you return they usually put the £10 gift voucher as account credit. That's what they've done with me

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 30-Oct-16 20:59:41

Hope you get refunded.

If you do and want a recommendation for replacements, I'd suggest Seasalt. Lovely weight of cotton, no shrinkage, wash beautifully. I've been wearing the two I have non stop since March and they look like new. If I didn't feel my wardrobe was already too stripy I'd be buying two other colour ways. blush

AgathaMystery Sun 30-Oct-16 21:28:03

I agree that this year's are not the same fabric. I have one that is 4 yrs old and still looks perfect. Then this year's is just hmm they are VERY good about returns though. Just ring and ask for a free returns label!

Cosmicglitterghoul Sun 30-Oct-16 21:31:40

Sea salt look nice!

Closetlibrarian Mon 31-Oct-16 21:04:48

Thanks all. I'll get in touch with them to refund.

The Sea Salt ones look nice. What's the cut like on? (I liked the Boden ones 'cos they had a tiny bit of shape to them so I can get away with wearing them to my smart-casual workplace)

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 31-Oct-16 22:10:18

Not overly fitted but not as baggy as the genuine traditional Bretons - I wear mine to work with navy chinos.

BlueberrySquash Mon 31-Oct-16 22:15:31

Agree about Seasalt - wash beautifully

dontcallmelen Mon 31-Oct-16 22:27:52

I bought a couple last year, were rubbish the seams twisted very thin material & the neck didn't sit right, complete waste of money😡

Sonotkylie Tue 01-Nov-16 07:55:45

I had the same thing in the spring. Bought a long line breton. Tried it on and loved it. Washed it (before I wore it) and the hem went all 'frilly' and It was shorter and didn't sit right. I returned it with a note and it was refunded without a murmur. I tried another one a few weeks ago, hoping that the winter ones would be a heavier weight fabric but I saw no change so I returned it rather than go through the same process. Boden t shirts seem to be in the doldrums generally.

Jointhejoyrun75 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:36:45

I get the Boden striped essential longsleeve tops www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-tops-t-shirts/long-sleeved-tops/wl997/womens-essential-boatneck?w=STYLE_JUMP and find them better lasting than the Bretons (and cheaper!). I have a scoop neck from 2 years ago and this season they just have boat necks. My Breton from a year ago looks like a rag, but I still wear it as a unseen layer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now