I need a waterproof rain coat. Large size

(6 Posts)
PuppetInParadize Sun 30-Oct-16 17:32:05

Ideal spec! to include:

It needs to be reliably waterproof, not just showerproof.
Length - long or above knee.
NOT double-breasted (I already have big bust and don't like the look)
Any colour except for black.
I'm willing to pay up to £100-120. (Slightly more is possible - if a good investment)
I prefer straight, no belt ( as I am quite tall and waists are never in the right place)
Size would be 18-20 UK size, esp if I want space underneath for thick sweater

TIA for any suggestions

SheStoodInTheStorm Sun 30-Oct-16 17:36:54

I have a Peter storm one.

FuckThatToOneSide Sun 30-Oct-16 17:48:03

I've just bought this and love it. It's wondproof and waterproof and is very nicely made. I would size down unless you're planning to wear layers underneath (if you want it for deepest winter you might do, as it's not terribly warm) as they do run quite big:

hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/Jack%20Murphy%20Clothing/Jack%20Murphy%20Womens%20Clothing/Bush%20Coats/Oxford%20Waterproof%20Jacket.htm?gclid=CLjK7LKKg9ACFdQ_GwodnYQEtA#.WBYyQobfXYU

I nearly bought a Seasalt Seafolly jacket which might also fit your bill.

FuckThatToOneSide Sun 30-Oct-16 17:48:46

Haha sorry you are planning on wearing layers underneath! It's been a long day.

PuppetInParadize Sun 30-Oct-16 17:58:21

Good ideas, so far. I had a Peter Storm in my youth. It got too narrow for me across the hips. It is man's model and I see DH has adopted it, which is fine as I can get a new one that actually fits me. grin Yes, i need the option of layers. I live in one of the coldest and rainiest areas of the UK.

Bigbiscuits Sun 30-Oct-16 18:17:06

Take a look at the seasalt website. They generally go up to a 20 - but they are different widths - do you need to take a look at the garmer measurements before ordering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now