How much product are you using?

(17 Posts)
ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 19:17:02

I just dug out my foundation from last year and it's half full. It's the YSL Touche Eclat, the old formulation.

I use foundation over the winter and tinted moisturiser when I'm tanned. So, one tube of Just Skin and one bottle of the YSL last me for about two years, half one season and the other half the next. I do use something pretty much every day.

Moisturiser - one pot of cream, six months or more.
Facial oil, six or seven months.

Am I using them too sparingly? How much do products last you?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 19:17:39

That's how long do they last, obv.

Shop Sat 29-Oct-16 20:03:00

Good idea for a thread!

I always mean to date mine when I open them but forget. Moisturiser lasts me about 10 weeks. Cleanser about the same.
I'm interested to see what others say.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 20:08:27

No idea how long cleanser lasts me, I've been using so many different ones, samples and big sizes, so I really can't say.

TeaAndBisquits Sat 29-Oct-16 20:40:40

If I can get 6 months out of a foundation then I feel I've got good value for money.
Moisturiser I'd say about 3 months, 4 at a push.

botemp Sat 29-Oct-16 20:44:03

My oil cleanser (200ml) lasts about 3.5 months
My current second cleanser will probably last me 9-12 months going by current use
Moisturiser (50ml) about 3 months
Serums between 3-6 months
Eye serum lasts about 9-12 months
Oils last me about a year or longer (30ml) but I rotate between 3 or 4
Acid toners last me for a long time as I'm not a daily user. I use the travel size versions where I can and they last me at least 6 months.
Sunscreen about 2-3 months, I think (goes quicker in summer)

I have a spreadsheet for these things.

phoolani Sat 29-Oct-16 20:50:03

I'm watching for answers because this has flummoxed me for ages. I use tinted moisturiser, not every day but most days and it lasts me for-eveeeer. To the extent that every time i do run out and go to get another one not only have they stopped doing what I'm using but I also get a sympathetic but faintly disgusted head tilt from the sales person because they stopped doing it so long ago. How do you get through a pot/tube/jar every six months??

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 20:53:35

That's what I've been wondering.

Am I using too little?

botemp Sat 29-Oct-16 20:56:22

Tinted moisturiser lasts me forever too. Laura Mercier's is 50 ml, so more than standard foundation and when they put it on me at the counter they definitely put more on but I prefer the sheerer finish. I think a tube lasts me about 9-12 months and annoyingly I have to switch colours in the summer and mix them at different points of the year so I have two tubes that last me forever...

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 21:00:42

On the other hand, a tube of body cream never lasts more than a couple of weeks, and it's not like I have a huge surface to cover.

FionaGatwick Sat 29-Oct-16 21:44:24

I don't wear foundation so often but I was finishing up a stack of cc cream (bought in Korea wholesale) and a 15g cushion compact lasted me around 6 months with regular use.

I know someone who hoards Bourjois (she lives somewhere without Bourjois) when she comes, buys 5 bottles at a time, and then buys another again when she comes back in 5-6 months!

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 21:50:54

That's a lot.

Alona2 Sat 29-Oct-16 22:19:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 22:21:04

hmm

notangelinajolie Sat 29-Oct-16 22:23:50

I use nil product. Non whatsoever.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 29-Oct-16 22:25:52

Not even soap and toothpaste?

FionaGatwick Sat 29-Oct-16 23:15:38

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe

I know! I ask her if she puts it on her salad or something! :P

She also goes through a MAC StudioFix powder foundation (for touch ups) in 2 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now