Ball gown hire (or buy) in the UK

(5 Posts)
AgathaMystery Fri 28-Oct-16 21:55:08

Hello style gurus...

I have a ball (military) to attend this Christmas & need a knock out dress... I don't really want to spend more than £140 if I can help it as I won't get much use out of it.

I am used to going to these shindigs but the last 3 years has been wall to wall cocktail parties (no balls at all) so I got rid of my gowns & have also dropped a couple of dress sizes.

I am 5'2" with an hourglass figure and fairly big boobs/hips. And chubby upper arms. Sound delightful don't it?! hmm I'm a 12-14 in most sizes.

I am happy to buy or hire but quite like the idea of hiring as it means I don't have to cart it there/back on a plane I r eBay it afterwards. The ball is in the UK.

Please can anyone recommend anywhere decent please? It must be floor length & cannot be a cocktail dress. smile

Thank you!

wowfudge Fri 28-Oct-16 22:44:05

Try Debenhams - I just googled Debenhams Ball Dress and they have a good selection I'm various colours and designs. A few years ago now I went shopping with a friend who needed a dress for a military ball and after trying lots of things on, she found the perfect dress in Debenhams.

AgathaMystery Sat 29-Oct-16 08:50:00

Thank you - I should have said I've tried Debs/JL/HOF/Coast etc.

imjessie Sat 29-Oct-16 09:07:20

Have a look in next at lipsy Ans Jessica wrights dresses . I have bought one for a ball and it's really lovely . My friend got one too which I've seen . They are around £80 and suit my hourglass figure !

imjessie Sat 29-Oct-16 09:09:18

http://www.next.co.uk/gl7196s3#l47950 this one is on offer and I've tried it ..I'm a size 10 with big boobs and it was too much Jessica rabbit for me so I kept the blue one but if that's what you are after it's amazing !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now