Gilet wearers - can you recommend a really warm but not too bulky one?

(10 Posts)
bigbuttons Fri 28-Oct-16 21:21:30

One I can layer with? I have a cheepo one that is ok, but it is very bulky. I'm after one that I can possibly wear under jumpers as an underlayer. Do they exist?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 28-Oct-16 22:08:26

Well I suppose you could put something like this under a jumper but in my experience they usually go over. grin

MissPattie Fri 28-Oct-16 22:10:53

A vest?

Under the jumper is tricky, I have a uniqlo down one that is cheap and warm.

Maybe look for something in Merino from icebreaker? Or a thick fleece one?

clippityclop Fri 28-Oct-16 22:24:01

Uniqlo should have all you need. Long sleeved t shirts, good cashmere and merino and lovely down gilets and jackets. Discount with Quidco too,

IlsaLund Fri 28-Oct-16 22:24:37

Uniqlo are very light but warm. I don't know if I'd wear mine under a jumper though

Bolshybookworm Fri 28-Oct-16 23:01:25

Paramo. Proper hiking ones. Not cheap but so, so light.

Toffeelatteplease Sat 29-Oct-16 08:06:40

a down gilet will go under largish jumper. Tog24 does a really good quality one here Tk maxx had a variety of cheaper ones I got a reasonable one for £24 It's not quite as warm or as well made but good for half the price of the other

bigbuttons Sat 29-Oct-16 08:15:26

That's brilliant , thanks for the recommendations. I shall investigate more later today smile

ChishandFips33 Sat 29-Oct-16 09:06:17

I'd layer it over the top with a coat being the last layer, if needed

QuinionsRainbow Sat 29-Oct-16 11:58:17

Are we suffering from the "two nations divided by a common tongue" syndrome here?

Jumper - noun (CLOTHES)

1 = UK a piece of clothing with long sleeves that is usually made from wool, is worn on the upper part of the body and does not open at the front.

2 = US (UK pinafore) a dress that does not cover the arms and is usually worn over another piece of clothing that does cover the arms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now