Hair colour

(5 Posts)
Iamabuyingbootsaddict Fri 28-Oct-16 16:40:13

I've home dyed my hair for about the last 6/7 years mainly to cover a few greys. I've dark brown hair with some red in it so go for chestnut red, dark reddish brown colours but they lighten very quickly after a few weeks and I'm left with what I feel is a bit of carroty colour. I've developed some darker roots as have not coloured it since July and I'm not sure what to do with it now. I've never had highlights and wondered whether it's worth trying some for something different. I don't want to go lighter as have dark brows and olive skin. Would highlights show up enough. Hairdressers intimidate me slightly and I don't want to be blinded with hair colour science. Any advice wise people?

MoBro Fri 28-Oct-16 17:07:46

Highlights are designed to make you lighter. You could go for lowlights and have different darker plum tones added for a change. Maybe a subtle balayage would be nice on you as you keep the depth at the top of your hair and around your face and can go a couple of shades lighter through the midlengths. Google natural/subtle balayage for inspiration. With regards to your colour fade- try a true semi permanent for longevity, it becomes a permanent in very porous hair but won't cover whites. You may have to do your regular shade in your regrowth and a true semi in your midlengths and ends.

MoBro Fri 28-Oct-16 17:08:29

Also a sulphate free shampoo

MoBro Fri 28-Oct-16 17:11:57

Like this

Iamabuyingbootsaddict Sat 29-Oct-16 20:45:54

Thank you MoBro,for your advice. I certainly will have a look at trying this as I know that as time creeps on an all over colour is not flattering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now