Capsule Winter Wardrobe

(11 Posts)
stretchmarkqueen0109 Fri 28-Oct-16 12:56:57

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me! Moving home from overseas (hot) in December. As such, I have a very limited winter wardrobe which will need boosting on my return.
Funds will be fairly limited and I've always been rubbish at buying clothes. Can people please advise what would be sensible things to buy to build up a good capsule that I can add to as time goes on?
I have a toddler so tend to be fairly casual but would love a more "put together" look as going to be living among very stylish people! Thanks all

Pisssssedofff Fri 28-Oct-16 13:02:52

Walking or in the car mainly ?

stretchmarkqueen0109 Fri 28-Oct-16 13:05:33

With a bit of luck mainly in the car but walking also!

Pisssssedofff Fri 28-Oct-16 14:01:48

So I got back from the desert basically in March but oooop north. I had the heating on, a full length down coat, heating on full and my teeth were chattering I kid you not. That was the first week. I'd like to say it got better but it didn't, took me almost to September to not be shivering cold. Now however I'm ok. I'd honestly suggest you buy 2nd hand ski wear for the first few months.

Pisssssedofff Fri 28-Oct-16 14:02:32

And the kids too, my son was literally crying he was so cold the first few weeks. Thermals for in bed too

tweedles1511 Fri 28-Oct-16 15:12:01

Lots of lovely pieces at Gather&See mainly organic / eco-friendly. This time of year has to be about layering, lots of lovely jumpers and interchangeable pieces. Staying warm is a struggle!!

clippityclop Fri 28-Oct-16 18:51:23

Have a look at Uniqlo for good basic layering pieces in jersey and cashmere. The Heat Tech stuff and the down jackets are great.

stretchmarkqueen0109 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:58:05

Thank you all for the replies smile got a few ideas now of good places to look. Forgotten how to dress for freezing cold weather!

Start every outfit with a long sleeved layering t-shirt and either thick opaques or a pair of leggings. Warm socks, some boots and a good coat should be some of your first purchases.

I'd start with -
jeans in black or grey, plus mid blue
long sleeved tops in neutrals plus a bright or two in colours that suit
mini skirt - maybe cord
thin jumpers - for me it would be black, grey and either red, burgundy or bright pink
longer length cardigans in neutral colours
a couple of casual dresses
a coat that works with both jeans and skirts/dresses
ankle boots
knee high boots
scarves

Any use?

stretchmarkqueen0109 Sat 29-Oct-16 08:31:07

Fantastic! Thanks Remus grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now