Lipstick bleeding - solutions

(14 Posts)
PollysPoppy Fri 28-Oct-16 10:47:10

This is a new one for me and not a good look. Is lip liner the only solution ... the solid line of lip liner with bare lips once lippy has worn off isn't a good look either!

Also would anyone care to recommend a nice lippy please. Bought a matter Bobbing Browne one recently but not that fussed - would like a lovely natural shade.

burnishedsilver Fri 28-Oct-16 11:16:29

Colour the whole of the lips with lip liner before putting the lipstick on.

PollysPoppy Fri 28-Oct-16 11:19:24

Really? Thank you ... wouldn't have thought of that. Looks like a lip liner is on my list too then.

Cakescakescakes Fri 28-Oct-16 11:20:08

Yes colour your whole lip first. Acts a bit like a primer then to hold the lipstick on better.

Housewife2010 Fri 28-Oct-16 12:12:15

You can also get clear lipliner which stops lipstick from bleeding. I have the body shop one.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 28-Oct-16 14:17:17

Apply lipliner. 'Feather' inwards with a lip brush. Apply lipstick over the top.

Looks much better if it happens to wear a bit in the middle of your lips. Personally I prefer doing it this way than using liner all over my lips.

PollysPoppy Fri 28-Oct-16 14:27:52

Great tips thank you!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 28-Oct-16 14:30:44

I use a clear lip liner.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 28-Oct-16 19:12:10

Bodyshop and Benefit do a clear lip liner

HappyAxolotl Fri 28-Oct-16 19:15:33

Clear lipliner or one the same colour as your lips, then you can wear it with every lipstick.

Lipcote is good as well.

purpleprincess24 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:16:55

I always use a lip liner helps a lot.

I also discovered recently Urban Decay lipstick primer pencil, you literally put it in just before you lipstick and it really does make it last all day

Gbean Fri 28-Oct-16 19:17:35

Lip liner terribly drying. I'd recommend Maybelline 24 hour. It stays put, doesn't bleed and you can keep moisturised with a slick of the balm every couple of hours.

PollysPoppy Fri 28-Oct-16 20:32:50

Thanks all. I tried Charlotte Tilbury where the assistant applied lip liner to my entire lip then topped with lipstick. It felt dry but very sticky and tacky. It did last a meal and didn't bleed. Ended up with lip liner and lipstick from Nars - happy with it but will keep the liner as light as I can.

Cakescakescakes Fri 28-Oct-16 20:56:58

The urban decay liners are great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now