Help with skincare routine

(5 Posts)
MeadowHay Wed 26-Oct-16 20:04:41

So my current skincare routine: in the mornings, every other morning I wash my face with Boots Botanics face wash, and then apply a tiny bit of Simple moisturiser with SPF15, and the other morning I just wipe it with B. from Superdrug micellar water on a cotton pad. Then before bed I wipe my face again with micellar water, then I apply Acnecide which is a benzol peroxide gel that my GP gave me for my acne. I'm in my twenties, I have quite sensitive skin (I have eczema and in the winter sometimes I get it on my face), oily skin, moderate acne. I hardly wear make-up, probably only about once a week.

I've just bought myself Nip+Fab glycolic fix serum, where in my routine am I supposed to apply it? I've also bought myself Nip+Fab glycolic fix daily cleansing pads, I was intending to wait til my micellar water is finished and then use it as my cleanser, as they're called "cleansing pads" after all, but then on the bottom it says "apply to cleansed skin"...so should I cleanse with my micellar water and then cleanse again with the cleansing pads?? Confused.

Softkitty2 Wed 26-Oct-16 20:18:11

I wouldn't use both because you are stripping your skin of its natural oils and if you have oily skin it might make you produce more oil if you over cleanse. If you don't wear much make up you don't need to clean your face that much with 2 products. My husband also uses acnecide.

orangebird69 Thu 27-Oct-16 01:29:21

Don't use the NipFab pads as a cleanser - really, they're an acid toner. And you'd be much better off using a balm cleanser than micellar water. All you're doing with that us smearing the days dirt around your face, not washing it off.

Dailymaildailyfail Thu 27-Oct-16 08:04:47

You need to be cleansing, acid tonight (gentle) -and moisturising both morning and night- with warm water and flannels!

In the AM you should be using a cleanser, a mild acid toner then a good serum and then a moisturiser on top.

In the evening you should be cleansing with a balm to remove makeup (if you wear any) with a flannel, and then with another cleanser. In the evening I'd do a serum then an oil too, especially if you have dry skin.

I've recommended it before but have a read of Caroline Hirons skincare blog. She has dedicated sheets on what you should be using. Don't be scared of acids because you have dry skin- there are varying levels. But read her blog and invest in some good products!

1Ted2Magplus1 Thu 27-Oct-16 08:20:35

have you read Louise Hay 'you can heal your life' it has changed my life, it may be helpful to look at your concerns from another angle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now