Softshell parkas

(8 Posts)
Rojak Tue 25-Oct-16 20:22:28

Hello

I'm looking for a 3/4 length softshell parka - preferably one that's got a fleecy lining.

I think Ilse Jacobsen has something like this.

Does anyone know if this would be warm enough for winter or would this be more Spring / Autumn.

Thanks

Rojak Wed 26-Oct-16 17:33:06

Does no one have one of these? smile

SapphireStrange Wed 26-Oct-16 17:39:28

I don't have one but Ilse Jacobsen are Danish, so I'd assume their winter coats are serious winter coats!

I have one of their lighter-weight showerproof coats and highly recommend them for quality and style.

Email customer services and explain what you're after? I emailed them for advice about mine and they were very helpful.

Trespass are also good. I have a more winter-weight coat from them that I found in TK Maxx. Very warm and stylish; quite similar to IJ in style (I think they're Danish too).

Rojak Wed 26-Oct-16 17:53:55

Oooh is your Trespass one softshell too?

I'm after something a bit less ££ than IJ and also not as thick as my North Face Arctic Parka.

A bit sleeker but still warm iyswim

Maudlinmaud Wed 26-Oct-16 17:57:40

I have one in beige, it has a nice soft lining.
I don't use mine in winter though; spring through to autumn but I'm in a cold part of the world. I got mine on amazon.

SapphireStrange Wed 26-Oct-16 18:31:26

Yes, I think they do a range of softshell ones.

Check TK Maxx; and Trespass themselves have good sales, as do some outdoor websites and stores. It's worth getting on the mailing lists for them.

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Oct-16 18:36:52

My friend had a IJ soft shell parka. It's not thick enough for a winter coat (otherwise I'd have one).

Rojak Wed 26-Oct-16 19:39:59

Thanks - looks like I'm better off looking for something else for winter then but I do love the look smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now