Cellulite

(16 Posts)
user1473609428 Tue 25-Oct-16 00:43:33

What is the best treatment for cellulite?

CrepeDeChineWag Tue 25-Oct-16 00:45:54

The two finger salute!

skippy67 Tue 25-Oct-16 07:24:40

Body brushing works for me.

Robinkitty Tue 25-Oct-16 07:34:19

womens skin cells look like this ) ) ) Not this way round but like an arch and men's like this ^ close together so when their skin cells drop its less noticeable. It's more noticeable in women and that's what gives the appearance of cellulite.

I've been told the only thing that helps cellulite is to use one of those vibro gym things ( vibrating plates you sit/ stand on) apparently it's the only thing that is clinically proven to reduce cellulite.

So that's what I was told - no idea if it's true.

specialsubject Tue 25-Oct-16 08:10:34

It is beauty babble for normal skin texture. Nothing to do woth weight, even the most near-dead model can have it.

Ignore and get on with life.

Thefitfatty Tue 25-Oct-16 08:23:51

Accept it and move on.

user1473609428 Tue 25-Oct-16 08:26:26

I tried VelaShape 2 which was quite good (not permanent of course). Now, I'm considering Carboxytherapy treatment so was wondering if anyone tried it?

minifingerz Tue 25-Oct-16 08:29:58

"Nothing to do woth weight, even the most near-dead model can have it."

There is never even a whisper of it on the legs of women sprinters in the Olympics...

I assume all of these women have very little fat on them though (not skinny - lots of muscle)

Thefitfatty Tue 25-Oct-16 08:36:51

There is never even a whisper of it on the legs of women sprinters in the Olympics...

Ah yes, well there you go. Become and Olympic sprinter. The answer to Cellulite and easily achievable for the average woman. hmm

3Eggses Tue 25-Oct-16 09:02:58

I think you'd need to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass - that would probably reduce the appearance. I've lost a lot of weight and am currently about a size 10 on the bottom. I'm still riddled with cellulite but I think it's because I'm a soft pear rather than a firm one... blush I also have a horrible flabby bit just above my knees. I'd love to get rid of that.

For me I think I'd need to drop another half stone and do a lot of weighted leg work (squats, lunges etc).

Apparently massage can also help. You don't need to use the expensive creams/oils as it's the massage not the product that makes the difference. I personally can't be bothered to do that 2x a day though.

Heirhelp Tue 25-Oct-16 09:08:21

My new born girl has it, obviously she still does. She is not over weight.

Thefitfatty Tue 25-Oct-16 09:14:42

There is some evidence to say that regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight can reduce cellulite or keep it off. But, generally it's agreed that it's mostly a genetic issue that will affect 90% of women at some age, or always. I know women who are positively tiny and have cellulite and women who are obese who have none. It's a genetic lotto.

user1473609428 Tue 25-Oct-16 09:15:22

I think that's a general problem with pear figure. I'm size 4 on top but 8 on the bottom! Oh and I have the flubby bit just above my knees as well! it drives me nuts! I even considered lypo but was advised against it.

GeekLove Tue 25-Oct-16 09:23:27

For me it's cutting refined carbs, sugar and alcohol, heavy lifting and body weight exercise. I still have it but the muscle definition make sit much less noticeable as it is more contoured.

But cellulite is normal skin tone and will be present wherever the body deposits subcutaneous fat - buttocks, back of thighs etc.

RonSwansonsBestFriend Tue 25-Oct-16 09:37:27

What previous op said. You can't get rid but body brushing, exercise (toning), less fat, sugar and bad carbs will all help.

I'd say 98% of women have some, at least it's cold now so we can cover up!

user1473609428 Wed 26-Oct-16 17:40:02

I recently review Bioslimming product on my blog.

mbinsider.com/body/bioslimming-cellulite/

Getting Carboxytherapy next week. But was wondering if there are any other good treatments out there that I haven't heard about. Apart from nutrition, body brushing and exercising. I perform all on the daily basis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now