I want some mom jeans

(18 Posts)
itssquidstella Mon 24-Oct-16 14:17:08

I am 5'11", size 10.

I looked at Topshop Tall but they only have ones with frayed hems, which I don't like. I tried on some great ones in Pull & Bear, but they were too short and I don't think they do long length.

Any recommendations for longer length mom jeans? Preferably no more than £80!

Passthecake30 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:39:47

What's mom jeans?

6ft and size 12 here, I get my jeans from long tall Sally. I don't rate their other clothes, but I do keep going back to their jeans....

burnishedsilver Mon 24-Oct-16 20:48:20

No you don't. You really don't.
Speaking as someone who wore them the first time round when they were just 'jeans' and moms didn't wear jeans, they wore 'nice' trousers with a pleat down the front.

YouWereRight Mon 24-Oct-16 20:54:25

I really like my primark ones. I think they went up to a 36" leg, if that's long enough?

I like mine rolled up to show a bit of ankle though.

sortthetacheoutbernard Mon 24-Oct-16 20:57:43

I love mine as a nice change from skinnies. They change all the contours of your clothes and tops that didn't work with skinnies look fresh again.

I've got topshop ones.

The only issue is chilly ankles as I haven't worked out what shoes to wear in winter.

sortthetacheoutbernard Mon 24-Oct-16 20:58:57

I got topshop tall ones a while back so they might come back.

Gowgirl Mon 24-Oct-16 20:59:16

Ye gods my eyes!!!!! I WORE THOSE YEARS AGO!!!! I'm very old and going away now......

Awks Mon 24-Oct-16 21:02:48

I like them. But I'm old enough to remember Bananarama ...

PotOfYoghurt Mon 24-Oct-16 21:13:22

Does anyone have a pic of mum jeans? I dont actually know what they're supposed to look like.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 24-Oct-16 21:34:05

They are just high waisted jeans with a peg leg - very flattering on pear shapes, but they need a tucked in top or something which sits at the waistband. I don't find they work well with boots (I have two pairs of the Topshop ones) so tend to wear mine only in summer with bare ankles and trainers or brogues.

FunkinEll Mon 24-Oct-16 21:39:14

Mom jeans are high waisted, fitted through the hip with a wide-ish leg so they hand from the hip area.

I really like them if I can get the hip:waist ratio right. Levi's 501s are good but hard to get the fit right.

FunkinEll Mon 24-Oct-16 21:41:57

Re. winter footwear, they work well over high top trainers rolled up so you can't quite see the top of the trainers.

burnishedsilver Mon 24-Oct-16 22:57:59

They are 80's jeans pot. In the 90's, when we were all just getting into boot cut, American moms were getting into the jeans thing and were still stuck in the 80's (according to Oprah at least). They were wearing them like this. Its one retro shape I, for one, won't be revisiting.

itssquidstella Tue 25-Oct-16 14:06:04

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'll have a look at Primark. I'm a pear shape and if I can get the fit right, this style of jeans is actually pretty flattering!

If not, I'll team with a pair of Deirdre glasses and a flowery cardigan, and pretend it's 1992 again 😁

Passthecake30 Tue 25-Oct-16 16:23:31

Do feed back if primark fit as I'm a 36" leg and have never seen anything that fits there...

YouWereRight Tue 25-Oct-16 18:22:23

Mine fit me, but I tiny 28" legs. I noticed I had the wrong size whilst browsing.

I like the shape. I feel like they flatter my bigish bum, and make my waist look relatively small and I wasn't there first time around

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Tue 25-Oct-16 19:05:08

itssquidstella good luck with finding your ideal mom jeans. You'll be in good company!

youtu.be/2aVxNH6iN9I

PotOfYoghurt Tue 25-Oct-16 19:26:25

Oh I see! Do you wear them with mum boots or are they incompatible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now