What boots are your dds wearing this autumn?

(6 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sun 23-Oct-16 19:48:30

Dd is 5 and her school shoes are knackered - girls shoes are crap!
So rather than replace with more stupid ballet pumps with a bit of Velcro strap, for her feet to get soaked in the rain, cold in the winter etc etc I'm going to get some black boots.

Where are your dds getting their boots from?
I usually do clarks but not loving their range of boots.

BlueBlueSkies Sun 23-Oct-16 20:47:28

My DD and all her friends were kickers to school. They last well and are warm and dry.

NoNoNotAgain Sun 23-Oct-16 21:40:48

Following.

Most of the ones I like for my DD are sold out in her size. Ordered some from Next and they sent 2 different styles - one foot of each!! So no further on, but did get to rule out both styles at once...

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Mon 24-Oct-16 13:15:04

Went to clarks and ended up with these

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26119087

Dd was happy, they look better in the flesh and didn't cost squillions.
My back up plan was some DMs - but I was concerned that although they had zips for Dd to get them off/ on for school the laces would prove to be a pain - she's only just mastered knots - never mind shoelaces!

Stokey Mon 24-Oct-16 13:23:47

Sometimes TK Maxx are good for boots. I got a couple of pairs for around £20 for the DDs last year, and they were decent quality.

I was going to try Next tomorrow for them. Can get two pairs there for the same price as one in Clarks!

FrustratedFrugal Mon 24-Oct-16 18:59:06

I treated DD2 (6) to a pair of Sorel boots. She adores them. No uniform at her school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now