Tom ford black orchid

(26 Posts)
Mummyoftwo91 Sun 23-Oct-16 19:02:01

Does anyone wear this? What's it like? Going on holiday in a few days and going to make the most of duty free!

PollysPoppy Sun 23-Oct-16 19:15:55

I love it. It's quite heavy and lasts all day. Got a sample of Dior Posion Girl recently and it's also nice but certainly doesn't have the same staying power.

acornsandnuts Sun 23-Oct-16 19:24:09

I think you need to wear it to see for yourself. I loved the smell in the bottle but it smelled like aftershave on me.

KoalaDownUnder Sun 23-Oct-16 19:26:45

I sprayed some of this on my wrist the other day, and couldn't wait to get home and scrub it off! And now it's hanging around on my watch strap (which is bloody metal!)

I hate it, it's cloying.

WipsGlitter Sun 23-Oct-16 19:47:19

I love it but it is very strong!!

BlueBlueSkies Sun 23-Oct-16 19:52:19

I love Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge. It lasts all day and I often get comments. I wear it daily and the bottle lasts about 6 months.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 23-Oct-16 19:54:44

I've got black and velvet orchid. Velvet is more wearable imo

Jackie0 Sun 23-Oct-16 20:00:58

It's beautiful , very rich .
Not a daytime fragrance.

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 23-Oct-16 20:02:02

It was Michael Jackson's fragrance of choice.

pennycarbonara Sun 23-Oct-16 20:08:44

Really strong! CD Poison is a good comparison as that used to be everywhere and umistakeable in the 80s. I used to live somewhere that Black Orchid was really popular in the year or two after it was launched, you would smell it on people going round the city centre shops and in mainstream expensive bars in the evening. I got really tired of the perfume although I quite liked it when it was a novelty. Perfumes which used to be similarly ubiquitous, but aren't as strong, didn't pall so much, e.g. CKOne.

Not tried the Velvet Orchid but it sounds lighter and more wearable.

Mummyoftwo91 Sun 23-Oct-16 20:37:53

Thanks everyone I will have a good sniff round duty free! I usually wear Gucci fragrances but find the smell seems to disappear!

Clickncollect Sun 23-Oct-16 21:23:07

I love Black Orchid but I tend to wear that more on a night out as it is quite heavy. Velvet Orchid is more wearable for the day.

AmethystMoon Sun 23-Oct-16 21:39:21

I wear velvet orchid, I agree it's more wearable than black

VikingMuchToAllOurLiking Sun 23-Oct-16 21:42:22

I prefer the orchid soleil, it's lovely, huge hit of white flowers. Gardenia. Mmm flowers

Chicinwellies Sun 23-Oct-16 21:53:48

Heavy, strong, old, dark, migraine inducing.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 23-Oct-16 22:17:05

I love it. Hated it when I first smelled it but it's grown on me and now I wear it for nights out, or velvet orchid. Lasts for hours but far too overpowering for work (school) or small spaces like planes.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Sun 23-Oct-16 22:20:53

Hate it. I love a heady scent but Black Orchid has no complexity or charm. Just patchouli and some cloying chocolate.

Velvet Orchid is lovely.

bigbuttons Sun 23-Oct-16 22:22:47

I found it rather boring and forgettable.

MathsFiend Sun 23-Oct-16 23:43:47

I love it, it's my favourite perfume. Though definitely a night perfume. Also like velvet orchid, though it doesn't have the "moreish" quality that black orchid does. Soleil blanc is nice and more of a daytime scent. X

CaoNiMao Mon 24-Oct-16 07:04:17

Beware - this perfume is so strong and evocative that it will remind you of whatever you were doing / the situation you were in when you first started using it! For me, this was not a pleasant thing, so now whenever I smell it I remember those times. It's annoying, because it's a gorgeous fragrance.

Tom Ford's Sahara Noir is even nicer, IMO. It's discontinued now but you can find it on Amazon and Ebay. Smells like church incense and wooden pews in a chapel.

Cumberland Mon 24-Oct-16 07:15:56

I have both black and velvet. There's a new one in a gold bottle that's gorgeous with a vanilla undertone. It's on my Christmas list.

KoalaDownUnder Mon 24-Oct-16 10:02:23

I absolutely love Soleil Blanc but it's a bloody outrageous $300+ here! shock

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Mon 24-Oct-16 10:05:57

I have it. A little goes a long way!

Mummyoftwo91 Mon 24-Oct-16 10:08:20

Velvet definitely sounds more up my street by the sounds of it, I will let you all know which one I buy!

VikingMuchToAllOurLiking Mon 24-Oct-16 15:50:53

The gold bottle is orchid soleil, I have it. It is lovely. I liked the soleil blanc too but yes, it's far more expensive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now