Why does this make my skin look WORSE?!

(6 Posts)
Euphemia Sun 23-Oct-16 16:28:05

I recently bought this Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue on the advice of the salesperson - I wear the loose mineral powder and find it a bit drying. She told me it would make my skin look hydrated.

It's awful! I put it on clean skin as instructed and it makes my dry patches show up! It makes the pores on my nose look horrendous!

What am I doing wrong?

MightyMunki Sun 23-Oct-16 22:35:06

Return it if you can, sometimes these things just don't agree with your skin. Failing that, try it on after moisturiser or a hydrating primer.

Dailymaildailyfail Sun 23-Oct-16 22:42:03

More moisturiser underneath and also a primer. Persevere with it- but this type of product is usually for super oily skin (like mine) as normal or dry skins can cope with a liquid foundation. So if your skin isn't oily and you'd describe it as dry, I'd return it. So many other fantastic foundations out there!

Tartyflette Sun 23-Oct-16 22:48:52

I bought this too and was not impressed, it is certainly not clear that it's for oily skin (mine is dry) and I found it does not go on or blend easily, it just sort of sits on the surface and goes flaky/patchy. Sadly too late to return it now.

ThisPasadenaHomemaker Sun 23-Oct-16 22:52:42

It's only for people with good skin imo.

I use it in the summer and on days when I can't be arsed with full makeup. After cleanse/moisturising.

It hydrates my skin and makes it look incredibly glowy and radiant but doesn't give much coverage at all (which is fine for me).

MinisWin Mon 24-Oct-16 10:51:32

This is one of my favourite products, but would agree it's definitely not one for dry skin without a bit of prep - I have what would probably be described as normal skin - verging on dry depending on what else I use on it - and I both use a reasonably substantial moisturiser and a primer underneath it (slapped on hastily due to tiny baby!) and then this on top - I like it as I can essentially apply it blind (read: one handed while breastfeeding) and it gives a glowy, evened out look. Colour match is also pretty important - I'm so pale I'm almost see through, but the second lightest shade was a better match for me as my undertones are more yellow than pink. I would also take it back if it's not suiting you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now