Slimming black trousers

(11 Posts)
KatharinaRosalie Fri 21-Oct-16 12:41:16

I'm hunting for a pair of black trousers, which should not be too hard to find, but I don't seem to be able to get what I want. I want

-stretchy and slimming, that suck-you-in kind, substantial strong fabric, not flimsy jersey
- smooth on top, flat front - so will look good under tight fitting top. No bulky fastenings.
- something that keeps its shape, does not go baggy and wrinkly
- mid to high rise
- full lenght
- size 10

I know what you think, but there's tons of leggings/jeggings/skinnies like that out there! And now's the tricky part - no skinnies.

- Straight leg.

Any ideas?

Hoppinggreen Fri 21-Oct-16 12:42:36

Boden Richmonds

KatharinaRosalie Fri 21-Oct-16 12:54:27

I've seen those recommend here - they are cotton though, dont they go baggy? Had something similar from another brand and they looked good only the minute you put them on.

Sugarandsalt Fri 21-Oct-16 14:00:27

I got trousers from whistles just like that a few years ago. Still wear them all the time. Don't know if they have them in this season, but might be worth a look.

KatharinaRosalie Fri 21-Oct-16 21:47:39

Whistles doesn't seem to have anything at the moment. Of all places, M&S has secret support trousers that might work, has anybody tried those?

lovingmatleave Fri 21-Oct-16 22:09:05

I have a pair like these from Coast although the ones i have from a few years ago are skinnier, however these are straight. they hold their shape really well and suck you in.

www.coast-stores.com/p/seville-trousers-sl/1630080?locale=en

KatharinaRosalie Fri 21-Oct-16 22:10:58

ooh the Coast pair could be exactly what I'm looking for. How's the sizing?

Kennington Fri 21-Oct-16 22:18:17

Banana rep sloans
I have 2 pairs.

MissWimpyDimple Fri 21-Oct-16 22:23:10

Boden bistro trousers are good. Really thick fabric and it keeps its shape. I think size down though. I'm more of a 12, and I wear a 10

pinkeye Sat 22-Oct-16 09:26:30

Gap slim leg

lovingmatleave Sat 22-Oct-16 15:21:28

RE Coast sizing - I took a 10 in mine - am normally 8/10 but the style I had were quite tight fitting. think normally they are true to size.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now