I want round eyeglasses like Bridget Jones'

(6 Posts)
FionaGatwick Thu 20-Oct-16 08:38:35

in Bridget Jones' baby.

But I have a big round face.

Do I really need to stick with angular?

Floisme Fri 21-Oct-16 10:04:40

I think round frames would accentuate a round face so it depends on whether you want that or not. But are BJ'S completely round? I've only seen the trailer but they look to me like they have a bit of an upsweep which can make a massive difference. My previous pair were like that and I really liked them. (In fact I'm still wearing them today even though I've got new ones!)

FionaGatwick Fri 21-Oct-16 21:48:24

These are the ones I am eyeing:

estateagentfromhell Fri 21-Oct-16 22:33:12

Personally, I found round ones unbelievably unflattering.

domesticslattern Fri 21-Oct-16 22:38:26

We had a recent thread about those specs- obviously popular!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2756188-Bridget-jones-film-glasses

Got to say it's very much a personal thing so hard to generalise but I have a big round face and they look silly on me, like I am pretending to be an owl. But who knows? Take your most honest friend to the opticians with you!

PaperdollCartoon Sat 22-Oct-16 08:31:47

I have a big chubby oval face and can't wear round glasses. Mine are about as angular and oblong as you can get, and chunky. Generally I would say round faces need squarer glasses, but there will always be exceptions to rules.

Can you go into an opticians and browse, and take a few selfies in different styles, don't look at them for a few days and then look with fresh eyes at what really suits you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now