Millecar water

(9 Posts)
zippyswife Wed 19-Oct-16 19:35:28

So I could have sworn I'd read loads of positive things about this in here and bought some on impulse today. However now I've searched it on here it doesn't sound like people rate the stuff at all?! Any tips? Or should I just bin it!!! I've got sensitive skin BTW.

ScattyHattie Thu 20-Oct-16 02:08:31

I bought some Garnier micellar water a few months back, the blue one as i've combination spot prone skin. I like it and my skin seems better for using it in terms of spots and being softer. i've noticed it doesn't dry my skin as much as the simple foam wash/water i was using previously. i think it must leave a slight oil film as if i rinse with water my skin feels drier although with my oily t-zone that works better before applying make up It gets make up off but i tend to use wipes first for the worst as seems more efficient and uses less cotton pads.
I don't have particularly sensitive skin but perhaps try some on your neck or less obvious area first and be gentle with the pads.

DianaT1969 Thu 20-Oct-16 14:36:12

I've used both Garnier and like the oil based orange one the most. I clean make up off with a pad, then use a Liz Earle cleanser. Skin is looking good. Nip+fab pads a couple of times a week too. Just invested in a pomegranite serum before bed to hydrate too.

Kazplus2 Thu 20-Oct-16 15:50:45

I use lancome and I totally love it. Don't like aot of their stuff but I always use this.

MixedUpConfusion Thu 20-Oct-16 17:01:49

I got the Garnier one (with a pink top possibly?) and it gave me spots

LIZS Thu 20-Oct-16 17:05:23

I've used the pink Garnier and the wipes , just bought the Simple version as was on offer - both fine.

AuntieStella Thu 20-Oct-16 17:06:40

Basically, it's an old-fashioned cleanser/toner (like 10-0-6 in the 1970s), revamped for a different decade.

It's a useful product, but it's not going to transform you. I've had various brands and none stood out as either particularly good or bad.

Indecisivejo Thu 20-Oct-16 17:22:22

I tried the pink garnier one but it stung my eyes and irritated my skin, the simple one was better but still couldn't use as a long term product daily as my skin seems to react to it after a while

Fennwalker Thu 20-Oct-16 19:10:56

I have had the Garnier pink one and Bioderma normal skin one. I like both to remove eye make up, they are opthamologically tested and if you get them in your eyes don't sting, and they take off mascara much better then some eye make up remover. I also don't think they leave a noticeable film.

I use them as make up remover then some sort of cloth cleanse after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now