Is this dress too much? (Wedding)

(29 Posts)
NotAMamaYet Tue 18-Oct-16 21:56:25

Love this dress - I've got a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks and just wondering it's it's just a bit too much/in your face? Be honest!

For info I'm quite tall (is it a bit short???) and recently went on holiday so tanned and would wear without tights with just plain black pointed courts....

Looked on asos and they also do a nice one with sleeves!

Only been to a couple of wedding so not great with what's acceptable etc blush. Thanks in advance

HardcoreLadyType Tue 18-Oct-16 21:59:17

It's lovely.

But won't you be cold with no tights? Or are you somewhere further south than chilly old Blighty?

Tanfastic Tue 18-Oct-16 22:11:44

I like it smile

Keepingupwiththejonesys Tue 18-Oct-16 22:13:18

Gorgeous and definitly fine for a wedding. Doesn't matter if its a bit short as it covers you up top

EllaHen Tue 18-Oct-16 22:14:13

I think it's lovely and perfect for a wedding.

1frenchfoodie Tue 18-Oct-16 22:15:37

Gorgeous, definately acceptable.

SingaSong12 Tue 18-Oct-16 22:17:03

It might distract me at the service as it is very bright, but with a jacket it would be fine. Great for reception as it is.

burnishedsilver Tue 18-Oct-16 22:21:51

It's lovely for a wedding.

Sovain Wed 19-Oct-16 00:24:12

I love it!

GingerLDN Wed 19-Oct-16 00:37:49

Love it

NotAMamaYet Wed 19-Oct-16 09:38:14

Ah thanks!! Definitely what I wanted to hear smile the only decision is with sleeves or without sleeves!

With sleeves is a bit more modest??

Re: getting cold - I'm always freezing but having a tiny bit of tan makes me want to show it off!!! I'm always milk bottle white!! (Silly)

ladyformation Wed 19-Oct-16 11:26:27

Lovely and completely appropriate. My vote goes to sleeveless as it's a bit more special/formal that way., with something beautiful to cover your shoulders if it's a church ceremony.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 19-Oct-16 12:01:33

I bloody love it!! (What is the brand, please? wink)

NotAMamaYet Wed 19-Oct-16 12:11:45

Ooooo see I'm erring more on the side of sleeves but see what you mean about sleeveless being a bit more special in the design.

The make is comino couture - never heard of it before this, saw it on instagram but it's all over asos so must be bigger than I thought!

RollerDiscoQueen Wed 19-Oct-16 12:12:36

It looks much better on Stephanie Pratt than on the tall model. Will it be very short on you too?

NotAMamaYet Wed 19-Oct-16 12:16:16

Oh no you think?

I'm definitely tall. 5'9'' .. does anyone know how tall Steph Pratt is? Haha

roarfeckingroar Wed 19-Oct-16 12:19:21

Link please its gorgeous and I want one!

Liiinoo Wed 19-Oct-16 13:26:13

Looks lovely. The sleeveless is dressier so go for that but definitely have a wrap/jacket if it is a church service - bare legs and bare arms would be a bit too revealing in that environment.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 19-Oct-16 13:28:19

Sleeveless looks better. I don't think it's too revealing for a church. Most brides in the past decade have been sleeveless and strapless.

And sometimes legless. But hopefully not in the church.

TerrorAustralis Wed 19-Oct-16 13:31:35

Looking on Asos the sleeveless is definitely longer than the long-sleeved. They're similar, but not variations of the same dress.

For a wedding, I'd go for the longer one. Although if you're very young (teenage), I think a mini-dress at a wedding would be OK.

LifeLong13 Wed 19-Oct-16 13:40:14

It's a lush dress! I'd wear sleeves as it's chilly and you'll have your tanned legs out!

mandymoomin Wed 19-Oct-16 13:53:40

With sleeves is more Autumn but either way the dress is lush!

LemonBreeland Wed 19-Oct-16 14:15:11

The sleeveless one seems to have a better shape and to be longer. ASOS usually tell you the height of the model in the picture, so that should help you decide how short it will be on you. I agree the sleeveless one does appear to be longer, and have a proper waist too. I think Stephanie Pratt is only around 5' 6. The ASOS model could be as tall as 5' 11 in the second pic though.

LemonBreeland Wed 19-Oct-16 14:17:17

Here is the ASOS link to the Steph one Model is 5' 10.5 so taller than you and goes to her knees. Perfect!

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 19-Oct-16 14:18:24

Oh yes, much prefer the longer length of the sleeveless one. The other dress looks a bit teenage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now