I want new accessories/jewellery/watch - where to shop?

(2 Posts)
Ketsby Tue 18-Oct-16 17:28:38

I like and wear: stud earrings, bracelets and necklaces. I have some that I like but I want to branch out into new styles. I don't think I want to go chunky or plastic, more sleek, straight lines, expensive-looking I guess. Price range anywhere from 10-100, really trying to get some long-lasting pieces (I've had a lovely 'silver' bracelet go green and die, so I'm sad about that and don't want to get attached to things that won't last.) Where should I start looking? I've browsed high-street places but I know they're only alloy metals and won't last long. Where's better than high street, not quite so pricey as a jeweller? (please don't say 'not on the high street' :p )

Also what kind of styles are fashionable? I know this is a fairly generic question with a thousand different answers, but it narrows down what I should be looking for when I want to look put-together. I mean, I'm not a fan of Pandora bracelets or charms, for example, so I'll be avoiding those.

OK, second: I'd really like a watch, because hey, more accessories. The huge boyfriend-style watches with the three dials look nice in photos but a bit enormous on me. I think I like the silver and rose gold styles but I've started to read rose-gold is all over the place and people are becoming bored of it - which is fine by me, I'd rather stick to greys. Any favoured brands to browse? I like Skagen but I also think I'd like something maybe not quite so minimalist and a bit more striking.

Ketsby Wed 19-Oct-16 13:06:32

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now