Night out outfit!

(20 Posts)
FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 17-Oct-16 21:31:51

I need inspiration!

I've been invited out for a Christmas do, it'll be drinks and probably dancing (I hope anyway) in Liverpool. I'm 34 and want to look good, trendy and a bit sexy and am willing to buy something - but I don't want heels. I just don't wear them anymore as they're too uncomfortable.

I need some inspiration because everything I think of needs heels. Can anyone help?

I'm a generous 14 hoping to be a 12 by then, slim legs and hips and enormous boobs. My belly is my hated area.

Please?

whensitmyturn Mon 17-Oct-16 21:42:44

You sound like a very similar body shape to me, and am only a year younger and I always have a fail safe outfit for nights out (which funnily enough are usually in Liverpool).

Pencil skirt and a loose floaty vest top. Fab every time. I usually wear a patterned skirt and a black spaghetti strap vest top- good for cleavage but hides the whole stomach area.
Heels either strappy or courts, a clutch bag. You can't go wrong.

whensitmyturn Mon 17-Oct-16 21:44:29

Sorry just re-read your heels issue. Still stand by my outfit but would wear a pointed flat shoe.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 17-Oct-16 21:52:20

Ok how about this.

Gold floaty top. Leather (or more likely faux leather) trousers. Flat pointed gold shoes. Not necessarily these ones. Probably a black blazer to go with as a biker jacket would be too much I think!

Whosthemummy16 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:52:24

over the knee boots with a long sleeve play suit ?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 17-Oct-16 22:03:08

Ooh good call. I have patent OTK boots which would look good. Not too mutton though?

Cookies77 Mon 17-Oct-16 22:08:54

I love whensitmyturn's suggestion, sounds like something I'd wear and I also have a similar shape! Another go to outfit for me would be dark skinny jeans with a cami and fitted blazer type jacket (to skim but define shape). Pointy flats would go well, and statement jewellery to dress it up.

Whosthemummy16 Mon 17-Oct-16 22:18:39

I don't think so, I live in my over the knee boots since my DP said I looked mumsy!!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Mon 17-Oct-16 22:53:56

I've found these but do I run the risk of being a bit too 70s? I like the floral but would that be too much?

Whosthemummy16 Tue 18-Oct-16 02:33:36

I love the first and last one. Looking for the black one now for myself!
I don't think it would look 70s, but I've had no trouble returning to boohoo previously if it does smile

ItGoesWithoutSaying Tue 18-Oct-16 09:43:16

I love a playsuit and flat OTK boots would look good with them. (I have some with small block heel that I love but I am quite short.)

BusterGonad Tue 18-Oct-16 13:01:35

I love this thread!!! I love skater dresses as I'm also big boobed with a tummy I dislike. I love a playsuit too and that one is gorgeous. I'd be inclined to wear shoes though as I like to show my legs!

JamieVardysParty Tue 18-Oct-16 13:24:14

I'm the exact same body shape as you. Bought this a couple of months ago and it is so flattering. Have worn it on nights out and at a wedding and got so many compliments about it.

Also bought these which are really comfortable. They do have slippy soles though so worth grating the bottom.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 18-Oct-16 13:31:58

Oh I love those shoes! Also love the dress and they'd definitely be nice together.

Ugh so many things I want to buy!

JamieVardysParty Tue 18-Oct-16 13:36:46

You'll just have to have a few more nights out grin

It's a playsuit designed to look like a dress. Hangs really nicely, sort of skims over your shape and hides my belly really well. I've been really body concious recently but it makes me look really slim, it's magical.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 18-Oct-16 13:42:26

Oh is it?! Magic! Does it also stop you getting so pissed you can't get it off for a wee? grin

BusterGonad Tue 18-Oct-16 13:42:41

JamieVarsysParty that is a lovely outfit, I'm intrigued by the playsuit! Is it super sliming? Do you mind me asking what size you are as I'm tempted by it!!! X

BusterGonad Tue 18-Oct-16 13:43:53

Vardys sorry x

JamieVardysParty Tue 18-Oct-16 14:06:18

grin grin I made the mistake of wearing it with a gold sparkly necklace cape type thing which looked amazing but DH kept on having to detangle me.

Buster, I'm a large 12 at the moment and the 12 fit perfectly. I'm also pretty tall at 5'9 and it isn't too short or giving me a wedgie which is why I normally avoid playsuits.

BusterGonad Tue 18-Oct-16 14:09:46

It sounds lovely! Hmmmm.....very tempted! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now