What colour would you wear with brown?

(17 Posts)
poppym12 Mon 17-Oct-16 11:22:09

Brown isn't a colour I'd usually wear (apart from boots or sandals) but I have a really comfy brown jumper I've never worn that I think could do with an outing.
It's a warm brown colour, oversized so definitely casual.
what colours should I try with it apart from blue jeans and brown boots?

hecallsmebunny Mon 17-Oct-16 12:47:12

I'd probably go mustard, blue, red

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Oct-16 12:50:45

Brown looks best with shades of beige, cream, mustard, lime green, pale green, pink and especially a dusky or salmon pink. No to navy or basically any shade of blue with the exception of pale blue. I dont think it goes with red at all.

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Oct-16 12:52:48

You could wear brown velvet wide leg trousers or cords. Would look great with a brown leather skirt too.

poppym12 Mon 17-Oct-16 14:44:01

I'd never have thought of pink, red or green, especially as it's such a warm brown. I do have a dark blue but not navy scarf that I thought looked ok with so I'll have to look again. Unfortunately, mustard looks awful on me. Anything with a yellow tinge makes me look really ill for some reason. I'm limited with bottom half wear really. I have every shade of blue jeans known to man half of which are too small for my fat ass these days but i lI've in hope, various shades of grey, black and a pair of stone coloured jeans. Would they look crap in autumn though?

MrsSpenserGregson Mon 17-Oct-16 14:46:07

I'm currently wearing dark brown wide-legged trousers with a turquoise and white stripey top, and I look fab-you-luss daaaahhhhhling

Does that help? grin

leaveittothediva Mon 17-Oct-16 14:48:17

Turquoise is beautiful with brown. I think.

MrsSpenserGregson Mon 17-Oct-16 14:48:24

Ooh, also I'd wear other shades of darker brown with your brown top. And cream, and pale grey, if that suits you?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 17-Oct-16 14:59:30

Oh yes, i forgot about turquoise.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 17-Oct-16 15:25:15

Turquoise is terrific with dark brown

vitaminC Mon 17-Oct-16 16:02:38

I have a pair of brown jeans I like to wear with a burgundy sweater.

yomellamoHelly Mon 17-Oct-16 16:09:18

Turquoise, dark red, coral, khaki, peach, olive green, sandy colours

Loyly Mon 17-Oct-16 16:12:22

I tend to wear burgundy with brown.

Floisme Mon 17-Oct-16 16:13:40

I think it depends on the shade. I like a really dark, bitter chocolate brown (not that I can ever find it these days) and I'd wear it with burgundy, purple, some shades of pink, metallics, some greens. Agree about turquoise although it's not a colour I wear myself. I'm not quite sure what a warm brown would look like so some of those might not be quite right.

OlennasWimple Mon 17-Oct-16 16:16:41

Turquoise, orange or shocking pink (depending on colourings and the exact shade of brown)

FinnegansCake Mon 17-Oct-16 16:19:49

Burnt orange and dusky pink look great with certain browns

ChishandFips33 Wed 19-Oct-16 21:09:42

Depends on the shade I think but...Teal/turquoise, khaki, burgandy, grey, taupe, cream; autumn colours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now