Where for really warm/soft poss cashmere socks?

(11 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo Sun 16-Oct-16 23:37:26

I really like those super-soft fluffy socks you can buy in Tesco in pairs of 2 for about £4. Usually pink and white. But they wear out pretty quickly and they are a touch on the cheap and nasty side, I suspect.

Where would one go for really luxurious socks? Think Kate Middleton relaxing on Christmas Day grin

Thanks!

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Sun 16-Oct-16 23:41:52

White Company do lovely cashmere socks but they are spendy, around £35 a pair, I think. I have a pair and love them. Hoping Santa will bring another this year!

CointreauVersial Sun 16-Oct-16 23:42:03

I bought some gorgeous cashmere bedsocks in TKMaxx. But the bloody things had to be hand-washed, and the one time I couldn't be arsed and put them on a wool wash they shrunk to doll proportions. Too much hassle.

Maybe treat yourself to some sheepskin slippers?

deepdarkwood Sun 16-Oct-16 23:42:57

I've had the white company ones before: www.thewhitecompany.com/Cashmere-Bed-Socks/p/cashmere-bed-socks

They feel lovely, but do fall apart quite fast if you do anything other than go to bed in them :-)

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Sun 16-Oct-16 23:46:16

White company cashmere bedsocks are nice but if those are too down market you could try Brora.

ChickenVindaloo Sun 16-Oct-16 23:48:24

Thanks guys. Yes, it would be great to have a pair that would survive a wool wash in the machine.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not in fact Kate Middleton. grin Although I bet she lurks!

RockinHippy Mon 17-Oct-16 00:33:09

Have you tried Bamboo socks ?

Knitted bamboo fabric is incredibly soft & hardwearing too

OCSockOrphanage Mon 17-Oct-16 09:39:09

These are the dog's b*ll*x of socks. They go in the washing machine and don't cost £35. I'm not ecstatic on the colours but the socks are so blissfully comfortable to wear that I don't care. I prefer the Companion style; have been wearing them for years in winter. Great in wellies and walking boots.

drspouse Mon 17-Oct-16 12:17:32

Is the mohair not itchy OCSock?

OCSockOrphanage Mon 17-Oct-16 12:19:59

Not even slightly itchy, promise! And they make excellent Christmas presents for men.

drspouse Mon 17-Oct-16 12:21:30

Oooh nice idea - Dad, you are ever so hard to buy for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now