Anyone else get irrationally angry at all the "celebrity"; clothing lines?

(4 Posts)
HickDead Sun 16-Oct-16 21:32:17

I really can't believe how much cheap tat is being peddled as celebrity clothing ranges. Just been browsing for a last minute birthday outfit and everywhere you turn, anyone who has ever been vaguely famous is grinning back at you in their polyester sweatshop monstrosities.

Trying to remember back they've always been around, mainly in catalogs but is it just me who thinks they're really getting out of hand? I hope this phenomenon isn't here to stay. Whatever happened to shops having smaller ranges but good cut and quality?

Nettletheelf Sun 16-Oct-16 22:55:13

Do you mean the Kardashian Klothes or whatever it was called? I haven't seen that stuff for a while so maybe the teenagers wised up to the polyester!

Is it worse than the past? I can remember bloody Lulu hawking stuff in Kay's catalogue for years. It was a good indication of whether somebody's career was on the skids...they'd turn up in Freemans catalogue flogging frocks for a quid a week over 26 weeks. Anna Friel made a terrible show of herself in the late 90s as I recall, flogging clothes with captions like "S-T-R-E-T-C-H trousers give me a sexy look".

Littlewoods had clothes endorsed by the cast of Dynasty. Sammy Jo ("this draped poly blouse looks nothing on a hanger but everything on a woman!") and Joan Collins, who modelled polyester suits with a quotation from the dame herself: "Go out to work, accomplish, but still be a woman".

One of the catalogues even launched a perfume endorsed by Paula bloody Yates! 'Paula' eau de parfum was sold thus: "I ALWAYS get my own way when I wear this", accompanied by a picture of Paula wearing a gold turban. Who bought this stuff???

So I am in favour of more celebrity ranges actually. Because I am horrible and I like seeing famous people making idiots of themselves. We need a range of S-T-R-E-T-C-H clothes endorsed by dame Judi Dench, or something.

chanie44 Mon 17-Oct-16 06:19:29

The one that makes me laugh is abbey Clancy for matalan. As if she shops in matalan.

banivani Mon 17-Oct-16 07:28:50

All my anger is rational and legitimate so no.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now