Little bumps on my cheeks

(17 Posts)
MinnieF1 Sun 16-Oct-16 13:26:38

I have recently developed some bumps on my cheeks. They started off on both sides at the same time, but a small patch. The patch has got a lot bigger on the right side. They are the same colour as the rest of my skin, and are underneath the skin if that makes sense. I will try to upload a picture later once I've removed my makeup.

Does anyone know what they might be? And more importantly, how to get rid of them!? Thanks

MinnieF1 Sun 16-Oct-16 13:28:37

Forgot to say, I don't think they're whiteheads as they don't look like ones I've had in the past.

elpaso Sun 16-Oct-16 13:39:17

I used to get similar. No idea what they are, but have found the only rhung that help is using biore charcoal cleaner twice a day, and cutting down on coffee! sad

elpaso Sun 16-Oct-16 13:40:03

Er... *thing and *helps

emcero1 Sun 16-Oct-16 13:48:26

Keratosis Pilaris?

MinnieF1 Sun 16-Oct-16 15:39:38

Thanks for the replies. I already use the biore charcoal cleanser but will use it more frequently and see if that helps!

I don't think it is keratosis pilaris as the pictures I can see online all look quite red, which mine doesn't. Maybe it is whiteheads after all but I don't have any enlarged pores in that area?

GinAndTunic Sun 16-Oct-16 15:43:31

Could they be cysts? I am asking because you describe them as being under the skin, OP.

I had cystic acne and the best treatment I found for dissolving cysts was Renee Rouleau's anti-cyst serum, which I bought online from the US.

anotherguiltymum Sun 16-Oct-16 15:45:46

Could they be milia?

RosieWithTheGoodCreditHistory Sun 16-Oct-16 15:51:06

Another one going to say milia. I've always got them around my eyes. They're a build up of keratin that gets stuck under the skin. You can stab them and squeeze them with a needle but if I use lots of acid consistently I can sometimes squeeze them out without a needle because the skin over them breaks down.

Apparently a way to stop more appearing is to use less oils and more water based products but I've not noticed any difference, really

FrustratedFrugal Sun 16-Oct-16 16:21:10

Milia. I get them from products that are too rich for my skin, and sometimes from mineral makeup.

MinnieF1 Sun 16-Oct-16 16:40:40

Thanks for the replies again. Would they be white if they were milia? There's no difference between the colour of them and of my skin at all. I have taken my makeup off to take a picture and they're not half as obvious without make up on. They won't show up on my phone's camera unfortunately. I did manage to squeeze one earlier but the others won't pop (sorry if tmi blush).

MinnieF1 Sun 16-Oct-16 16:59:05

I have slathered my face in a Paula's choice BHA gel. I will try your other suggestions too. I recently went back on the mini pill about 9 weeks ago. I have been having breakouts for about 3 weeks and have acne on my chin too. I've never had skin issues before (other than dry skin). Think I will stop the pill and see if it clears up!

GinAndTunic Sun 16-Oct-16 20:19:28

Milia sounds more likely than cysts. Yes, milia would be white.

MinnieF1 Mon 17-Oct-16 14:51:47

Thanks. I've had a good look online and think it is milia rather than whiteheads. Does anybody know if the mini pill can cause milia?

hauntedhenry Mon 17-Oct-16 17:08:28

I'd say milia too. Do you exfoliate a lot? I went a bit overboard with the acid toning last year and ended up with milia on my forehead. Now I only use acids twice a week and I never get them.

MinnieF1 Mon 17-Oct-16 21:02:15

This is the only picture I can get sorry.

I probably have been over doing it with skincare recently. Are you only meant to use an acid a few times a week? I've been using them everyday recently due to a breakout on my chin blush
What an idiot.

hauntedhenry Tue 18-Oct-16 08:10:39

I think it depends on the individual, Minnie. Caroline Hirons for example recommends using acids every day, but my skin can't take it. Try simplifying your routine and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now