Where are you buying boots for your 7-10 yr old daughters?

(25 Posts)
PollysPoppy Sat 15-Oct-16 22:02:42

Clarks just don't have anything that appeal this year. Where else to try? They want ankle boots rather than long.

Thanks.

BradleyPooper Sat 15-Oct-16 22:05:27

My eldest is 11 so a bit older. I'm buying her Dr Martens, she's desperate for a red patent pairs of 8 hole boots. They'll last forever, she'll be able to walk miles in them, they're waterproof and never look old so why not....

My youngest is in Ugg-a-likes which don't meet the same criteria so I'll be watching this thread too.....

Heathen4Hire Sat 15-Oct-16 22:08:28

We bought some nice boots which gave a rock chick vibe in...M&S! For £28. Our girl is ten. She loves them. Also try Next, and John Lewis, if you live near one.

Fairylea Sat 15-Oct-16 22:23:39

Dd aged 13 and her friends love the teen section on New Look for both clothes and shoes. Got her some boots from there for £23 and they are lasting really well.

MinnieMinchkin Sat 15-Oct-16 22:25:53

Got my DD a pewter pair from Sainsbury. They're cheap and may not last long, but she has decent school shoes and trainers and proper wellies.

simonthedog Sat 15-Oct-16 22:29:53

Dr. Marten's. You can often get them half price on the Dr Marten website. They are great quality.

PollysPoppy Sat 15-Oct-16 22:59:09

Brilliant suggestions - thank you. Will go and have a look on-line. Really need to get them some soon! DMs pretty trendy! We looked at JL online (don't have a store nearby) and the girls remarked there were more wellies than boots! Will go and have a browse!

Chicinwellies Sat 15-Oct-16 23:30:08

Interested in this.
My 7yo daughter is a size 7, (I know) and we really struggle to find good, kids boots . Boden have some good ones as do Jones but £££

EffieIsATrinket Sat 15-Oct-16 23:39:21

www.startriteshoes.com/girls-shoes/imogen-tan-girls-zip-up-boots

Bought these for my 7yo though bigger expenditure than I intended

fusspot66 Sat 15-Oct-16 23:49:44

Any tips for my DD age 10. We need long boots in size 4D or E fitting, in black for school. Clarks are sold out of that size and I can't find any in Boden, Next, Joules, Start rite. Must be leather or suede. Any ideas please?

Nearlyadoctor Sun 16-Oct-16 08:27:03

I bought DD 9 some from The Art Company ( Spanish) via Jellyegg. Black leather and suede, they were £48 in the sale, she says they are most amazing boots ever!!

Statelychangers Sun 16-Oct-16 08:57:15

Dr Martens

Toffeelatteplease Sun 16-Oct-16 09:05:57

H&m (which are surprisingly good) for cute cheap little boots that are easy to get on and off.

Dr Martens for anything involving actual walking.

Notfootball Sun 16-Oct-16 09:12:32

Surprisingly, Matalan have a good selection of girls boots but none of them are leather.

teta Sun 16-Oct-16 09:58:10

Dd 11 last year bought a pair in M&S in the kids range that she's worn non-stop.This year she wants some from the Adult range.The boots are lovely this year ( just bought 2 pairs for me).Dd is very cool and together for a 12 year old so I trust her judgement.

Dancergirl Sun 16-Oct-16 10:03:56

Furry boots from lands end. Dd had them last year and loved them. They are on offer at the moment.

Toomanycats99 Sun 16-Oct-16 10:14:49

Last couple of years I have got them from marks. We have also picked up dr martens on the sale in very for £20 which wasn't bad!

PollysPoppy Sun 16-Oct-16 10:17:03

Boden! I forgot Boden! Thanks! Next have a surprisingly good range - one DD has seen a pair she likes. Love those Startrite boots and the Art Company are refreshingly different ... must show other per DD later. Would much prefer leather. Thanks all.

clippityclop Sun 16-Oct-16 10:22:42

Have a look on the Landsend website too. Great quality.

Nearlyadoctor Sun 16-Oct-16 11:34:49

Yes Polly stumbled on The Art Company whilst replacing dd's Crocs!

These are the ones dd has, although I know you want short!

www.jellyegg.com/kids-babies-c16/boots-c41/the-art-company-a762-junior-berlin-night-tall-zip-up-boot-with-fur-lining-p5186

BradleyPooper Sun 16-Oct-16 13:50:41

I have art company Birkenstock style sandals, they are 6 years old and the most comfortable ever, can't believe I forgot about them. Bought them from the art company website.

PollysPoppy Sun 16-Oct-16 21:13:26

Thank you .... boots ordered. One pair from Next (wouldn't have been my choice but she really likes them!) and a pair from Agatha De La Ruz (groovy!). Hopefully job done!

LIZS Sun 16-Oct-16 21:15:43

Try Landsend , dd has had a couple of pairs from there, look out for offers.

MrsPnut Sun 16-Oct-16 21:20:56

Dd2 has a pair of blue glitter Chelsea boots from Boden and is currently lusting after a pair of adventure time Dr Martens.

jeaux90 Mon 17-Oct-16 08:29:04

Another shout out for Boden, great prints etc for my 7 year old. Love their stuff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now