Does an effective moisturising shower gel exist?

(20 Posts)
ChipmunkSundays Sat 15-Oct-16 10:52:33

I don´t get on with body lotions and butters. Find them sticky and annoying, and they take ages to put on. I can get away without using them in summer, but not in winter when my skin dries out much more.

Can anyone recommend a nice moisturising shower gel/shower cream/body wash etc. so that I can continue untroubled in my lazy lotion-less existence without my skin resembling a lizard?

IHeartKingThistle Sat 15-Oct-16 10:54:57

I get itchy with normal shower gel but Dove does the job for me.

botemp Sat 15-Oct-16 11:02:34

Kiehl's Creme de Corps Nurturing Body Washing Cream, I've also found the oil cleansing gel's like Lipikar Cleansing Oil from La Roche Posay to be very hydrating.

Currently using soap and applying a body oil while still damp (takes very little time, much quicker and effective than body lotion) since I'm phasing out SLS and have yet to find any shower gel without that's nice enough.

BitchyInnerMonologue Sat 15-Oct-16 11:04:39

I use the Nivea in shower moisturiser after my normal one. Seems to work quite well as I'm not scaly as I usually become when the heating first goes on.

AppleJac Sat 15-Oct-16 11:05:59

Dove is very moisturising but it makes the bath very slippery so you have to be careful when in the bath or shower with it

Backingvocals Sat 15-Oct-16 11:09:23

I use the Nivea in-shower moisturiser too. Although it took me a week or so to realise it wasn't actually a shower gel as well blush.

burnishedsilver Sat 15-Oct-16 11:11:09

Dove.

wobblywonderwoman Sat 15-Oct-16 11:13:18

Have you tried the Vaseline spray op- I don't like sticky moisturisers buy it is lovely and light - in a can like deodrant

ChipmunkSundays Sat 15-Oct-16 11:16:53

Thanks for recommendations. Seems to be lots of enthusiasm for Dove. Which one, though? Last time I ventured into Boots I remember seeing an entire wall of Dove products. Name, or linky?

Never tried Kiehl´s but quite like the look of their stuff so might give it a shot if it isn´t too £££.

Have to face the reality that I´m too lazy even for the Nivea, if it isn´t a body wash as well. blush

Wayfarersonbaby Sat 15-Oct-16 11:19:05

I use the white opaque Simple moisturising shower cream, and sometimes their extra moisturising one - for me that works as it seems to be the artificial fragrance in most products that dries out my skin the most.

AppleJac Sat 15-Oct-16 11:19:06

All dove products are very moisturising so just go with the one that smells the nicest. I personally just stick to the blue original one

Caipira Sat 15-Oct-16 11:21:33

I use Dove. I use soap though, don't like shower gels.

MontyPythonsFlyingFuck Sat 15-Oct-16 12:56:10

L'Occitane almond foaming shower oil is absolutely gorgeous and very moisturising, but pricey - maybe one to put on the Christmas list?

For baths, I actually like the smell of Oilatum bath oil as much as anything fancier.

Truckingalong Sat 15-Oct-16 15:04:00

Sanctuary shower oil.

leadrightfoot Sat 15-Oct-16 16:48:35

Dove original soap

About twice a year when I have a cold or ill I slap baby oil on after shower turned off and before getting out of shower the application of which swooshes most water off and minimises use of towel to maximise oil penetration. Any remaining drips are patted off.

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Sat 15-Oct-16 16:52:53

Loccitane almond shower oil or for a cheaper option dove the original one

wiltingfast Sat 15-Oct-16 21:24:53

Oo oo oo

For first time ever I think I found one, sanex moisturising shower her with dermo oils

here

Had a noticeable effect. I don't use have time for moisturiser grin I only bought it because it was on sale . I've used other sanex products but this is the only one that had a noticeable moisturising effect.

Can't believe people are recommending dove, have always found it incredibly drying.

The other product I have used is basic aqueous cream but your skin gets v dependent on it and if you stop goes mad dry.

Also an avene one, but cost too much to repeat (15 Euro)

MrsT2007 Sat 15-Oct-16 22:13:51

Superdrug do a vitamin e shower moisturiser which is lush.

My hideous snowflake shower shins are much better since using this and it feels and smells lovely.

And it's fab as a shaving aid too.

I use a Waitrose shower gel (white jasmine and peony, smells amazing) but it's not moisturising at all, so the Superdrug stuff is a big help.

OttoTheOnly Wed 19-Oct-16 01:56:13

I love the L'Occitane almond oil one, and the bonus is that it smells delicious.

sycamore54321 Wed 19-Oct-16 02:40:01

Do these moisturising gels leave your drain clogged? I have useless drainage and need to be careful to avoid using very rich hair conditioners as they tend to clog the drain easily - is it the same for the moisture-rich shower gels?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now