Never worn makeup help!

(6 Posts)
Sadmummytrapped Sat 15-Oct-16 09:16:20

Hi im going to be starting a new job in an office. I have never worn makeup in my life and for some reason feel like i should now but honestly dont know what anything is or what is the bare minimum i would need to look ok. I know i would never be bothered to do a massive routine.

specialsubject Sat 15-Oct-16 09:20:46

Cant help with the instructions - but is it in the job description that you must wear make up? Otherwise entirely up to you. I doubt any male staff will be wearing it, no suggestion that they are ungroomed or unprofessional without it. Same for you.

GipsyDanger Sat 15-Oct-16 09:26:12

maybe just a minimal look will work for you. I love my makeup but I don't wear foundation every day. Maybe start off with a "no makeup makeup" looks and go from there.

Pixiewoo (makeup artists) have just released a book which is pretty detailed.

youtu.be/8CP-TSqZ40g

GipsyDanger Sat 15-Oct-16 09:27:34

Fyi I learned everything I know from YouTube makeup tutorials.

Best channels are Wayne goss, pixiewoo, fleur de force. Just have a look about smile that's the joy of makeup, their is no right or wrong

botemp Sat 15-Oct-16 09:29:24

Agree there's absolutely no need or expectation for it unless the job specifically requires it. It's entirely up to you whether you want to or not. Lisa Eldridge's videos on YouTube are a great source to get the hang of it with a natural minimal look.

usernumber007 Sat 15-Oct-16 11:02:54

Well if you've never worn make up I assume you went to the interview bare faced and they offered you the job so I'd say no pressure. However if you would feel more comfortable with a little I'd recommend just a lipstick and a touch of mascara. Go have a play with different shades to find which you feel best in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now