lingerie - not for the faint hearted. Give your best tips

(18 Posts)
nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 21:35:55

Hi all.

Ok so I've had a bit of Dutch courage, don't expect many replies to be honest.

I am stuck and Google is no help. I don't really have anyone I can ask in real life.

I want to buy some new lingerie. I routinely wear seemed stockings from what Katie did, with their suspended belts. I wear corsets as well. So I'm not really a character onesy kind of girl.

I am after something sexy but not sluty. Colour isn't really important.

It needs to have room for a bra - I'm very gifted in the boob department.

Mostly importantly - how shall I put this. It needs to portray my posterier in its best possible light.

I not really sure what to go for??? Or look for??

I have a decent budget, and do like good quality items but I am totally at a loss.

CeolNaMara Fri 14-Oct-16 21:45:06

Agent Provocateur.

nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 21:46:21

Thanks ceolnamara. The whole brand or anything in particular?

CeolNaMara Fri 14-Oct-16 21:47:19

Whole brand I think - their site is good because it shows the back of everything.

Tortadellanonna Fri 14-Oct-16 21:47:37

If you are big up top agent provocateur won't go big enough. Freya?

HardToDeal Fri 14-Oct-16 21:49:21

Curvy Kate do some lovely babydolls www.curvykate.com/curvy-kate-ritzy-blackcopper-padded-babydoll

nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 21:51:46

I love some of the stuff on ap but a quick glance at the website and I don't think there is any chance of finding a bra in there what will fit.

What I'm really after is something to go to bed in or wear under my work clothes ontop on by bra of you see what I mean?

Not slips, um I don't actually know the right word blush.

nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 21:53:42

This sort of thing

curvy kate

But something that makes my bottom look amazing

hollinhurst84 Fri 14-Oct-16 21:54:06

Anything here?
http://www.curvykate.com/scantilly-lingerie

botemp Fri 14-Oct-16 21:55:36

What exactly are you looking for OP? Something to wear over suspenders/bra/corsets or those things? Marjolaine from France do some really nice lace silk slips and robes that fit slightly shorter with really beautiful lace, you can usually find it on ebay for quite low prices too.

I was going to say Agent Provocateur too and La Perla if you have mega bucks (though avoid the bras, not so good at larger sizes). Mimi Holliday also worth a look, they have a bunch of really pretty knickers with peephole behinds. Aubade have a special line of bedroom lingerie too.

elQuintoConyo Fri 14-Oct-16 22:03:58

I think I have just found my new favourite websites! Roll on Christmas grin

botemp Fri 14-Oct-16 22:04:36

x post with OP. Do you mean this sort of thing <--

nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 22:09:44

botemp i don't know exactly what I'm looking for well I do but I don't know the word blush.

Ok maybe it would be easier if I do it this way.

Some days at work I have really important meetinga on those days I tend to wear

Bra, suspended belt, stockings, high heels and then a smart skirt a top and jacket. If like something to go between the bra and top and over the suspended belt. Does that make more sense?

I also sleep in similar "thingies" minus the stockings, suspended belt, clothes and shoes and my dp is a definate butt guy sorry for the tmi

I have a few silky tops and french knickers thingies that I love but they are getting on a bit. And not exactly sexy more understated.

I do like a couple of the curly kate baby dolls.

I tend to wear corsets when going out as outer wear under a jacket

nonameavaliable Fri 14-Oct-16 22:10:44

That's gorgeous botemp - love it. Not what exactly what I was looking for but now I really want it!!!!

botemp Fri 14-Oct-16 22:26:51

It's a waspie. Dita von Teese had a really nice lingerie line (I think for Wonderbra) with lots of them but it seems to have disappeared, you may be able to find some similar waspies elsewhere though.

So is it a shortened baby doll you're looking for (sans built in bra) that doesn't cover the entire behind just part of it but is not a slip or a camisole? Transparent?

MissPatty Fri 14-Oct-16 22:32:20

Kiss Me Deadly have lovely lingerie, in the WKD vintagey style

botemp Fri 14-Oct-16 22:57:08

Something like this maybe OP?

nonameavaliable Sat 15-Oct-16 17:02:09

Botemp that's lovely.

I'll have a good look at kiss me deadly too. misspatty

I'm currently desperately looking for a stockist of Marjolaine. As I've found a couple of but on their website that I just adore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now