If you wear a suit to work do you wash or dry clean?

(8 Posts)
Fletcherl Fri 14-Oct-16 19:42:50

I have started a new job. I need to wear a suit where can you get them? Do you wash the jackets at home or dry clean?

traviata Fri 14-Oct-16 20:30:01

what's your budget? And do you want a quite traditional look, or more fashiony?

Anyway I always have suits dry cleaned, even if they say washable, because I think washing them destroys the shape, especially of the jackets.

SpeckledyBanana Fri 14-Oct-16 20:32:01

I have some Next suits which I wash, but because I wash the trousers more than the jacket they fade unevenly.

Fletcherl Fri 14-Oct-16 20:41:50

I think that I would like fashionable that conservative is required someone had a quiet word today about my suit. It was a tabaccco coloured silk suit with a knee length skirt with a burgundy blouse.
Not sure about budget I am thinking top end high street. How many suits do you need? Is it 2 trousers to 1 jacket.

SpeckledyBanana Fri 14-Oct-16 20:44:37

For a 5-day week I think 3 (so your clothes don't wear out super-quickly), and yes I would buy 2 bottoms to 1 jacket.

Fletcherl Fri 14-Oct-16 20:53:14

Any recommendations apart from Next? I am not really a Next shape too curvy.

traviata Fri 14-Oct-16 20:55:07

How about dresses and jackets?

I have some jackets from T M Lewin which I wear with high-street shift dresses, mostly in blacks and greys.
Next and M&S are good. Try Austin Reed, although they have reduced their range a lot since being taken over.

eurochick Fri 14-Oct-16 20:56:52

For conservative, I second TM Lewin. If you can push the budget a bit, Ted Baker and Reiss are good. I've also bought nice suits in Zara in the past but haven't seen any lately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now