Decent shampoo that not tested on animals

(8 Posts)
MalbecAndLindt Fri 14-Oct-16 14:46:34

Just as title says. I'm looking for a decent quality shampoo from a cruelty-free brand that doesn't break the bank. I've been using Superdrug's own for a while but I'm no longer working close to one and can't be bothered to drive into the city centre every few weeks just to get some from there! I've tried Boots own brand conditioner but don't love it.

Any recommendations?

Wellywife Fri 14-Oct-16 14:59:24

We use Phil Smith shampoo and conditioner. I use the coconut one and DD uses blonde bombshell. They have the leaping bunny logo on them. We get them from Sainsbury's.

FWIW Sainsbury's own brand is bunny labelled too.

Losgunna Fri 14-Oct-16 14:59:39

Literally anything from LUSH.

Losgunna Fri 14-Oct-16 15:00:43

I use the Godiva bar, which at a fiver a pop seems like a lot but it lasts much longer than a normal bottle of shampoo

YouHadMeAtCake Fri 14-Oct-16 15:05:33

Pureology is excellent. It is Vegan and not tested. They have a lot of choice too. Try this site...

www.gorgeousshop.com

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 14-Oct-16 15:08:01

Bit ££ but lasts for ages ... Aveda.

I have the 1 litre Clove and I'm planning a 1 litre Shampure when its gone (which will be a while )

TheSpottedZebra Fri 14-Oct-16 15:27:22

If you like the superdrug one, they have free delivery with purchases over £10, or with any purchase e if you have one of their loyalty cards.

FormerlyCatherineDeB Fri 14-Oct-16 15:28:11

Faith in Nature is really good value (I think that Oxfam might sell it). We have that in one shower and Daniel Field products in another.

What sort of hair do you have and what sort of shampoo do you need?

I used Shampure for 20 years until earlier this year when my hair seemed to change, non of the other Aveda products were right for it. DH used Rosemary Mint until we made the switch to Faith in Nature (I paid £27 for 5 litres of FinN!!).

My very thick, fine, curly hair is the best it has been for years with Daniel Field Curl Enhancing Shampoo here and Smooth and Shine conditioner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now