Bridal Bouquets

(22 Posts)
Bodear Fri 14-Oct-16 13:57:01

Hi, I need some inspiration and I figured you are the ladies to help....
I am getting married in January in Austria and I have no idea what to do about a bouquet.
Fresh flowers are out as my fiancé is allergic and I don't want any other flower decorations, just the one bouquet. I'm thinking about fake flowers but can't really get enthusiastic about them...
The wedding is quite simple, in a registry office instead of a church and my dress is more "chic" than meringue..
Could you suggest any ideas for a bouquet that are a bit different without being too wacky?
Thanks in advance!

mrsmortis Fri 14-Oct-16 14:16:16

If it was going to be in church I'd suggest carrying prayer book instead.

How about a bouquet of feathers instead of flowers? I think for a winter wedding that could look lovely. If you search google there are lots of ideas, including pintrest boards.

PedantPending Fri 14-Oct-16 14:45:14

A fan? Or google florists near your registry office & see if they can suggest something local.

FruitOwl Fri 14-Oct-16 14:50:16

Have a look at button bouquets on Pinterest, there are some nice ideas.

Stopyourhavering Fri 14-Oct-16 14:56:41

What about herbs in a bouquet? Or paper/ silk flowers or a muff if it's likely to be a snowy day
There are some rather quirky alternatives here:
www.brit.co/wedding-bouquets/
onefabday.com/uk/alternatives-to-the-traditional-wedding-bouquet/

Itsabeautifuldaytosavelives Fri 14-Oct-16 15:02:02

Brooch bouquet? My friend had one and it was lovely.

CMOTDibbler Fri 14-Oct-16 15:07:41

My friend had a bouquet of silk calla lillies which looked fabulous

Bodear Fri 14-Oct-16 16:02:38

Thanks ladies. Does anyone know how I would go about sourcing good fake flowers or how I would make a broach bouquet? I like that idea but only if the jewellery meant something to me, iyswim?
I also like the feathers idea. My little flower girl could have a mini version 😊

1frenchfoodie Fri 14-Oct-16 17:21:28

Are you sure all flowers are out? If the allergy is to pollen lots of flowers are sterile i.e. grown from cuttings and have no pollen. It may be worth talking to a florist for some advice.

leadrightfoot Fri 14-Oct-16 18:16:17

If you are near Tunbridge Wells the florist near M&S on the main road is recognised as a silk flower expert and I have had fabulous flowers from there including my bouquet

TitsTingle Fri 14-Oct-16 18:23:31

This was mine it was stunning.
Vintage whispers on fb is good for bouquet charms and stuff.
Congratulations x

TitsTingle Fri 14-Oct-16 18:24:50

Better pic.

SweetChickadee Fri 14-Oct-16 19:00:23

oooh pretty, Tits.

(that was an odd sentence to type)

ZoSanDesu Fri 14-Oct-16 19:04:08

I made my own brooch bouquet. I used my grandmothers brooches and borrowed from my MIL too. It was relatively simple. I have a board on Pinterest which might still have the links to the blogs I used. Will check

YouMakeMyDreams Fri 14-Oct-16 19:04:16

My bouquet was crochet. My mum and I made all the flowers and I made the bouquet.

lurkymclurkerson Fri 14-Oct-16 19:09:58

You can get some lovely dried flower bouquets from www.artisandriedflowers.co.uk 💐

Plus they're already preserved so you can keep them afterwards!

TitsTingle Fri 14-Oct-16 19:13:44

Haha.
She has a page on fb called bliss flowers and venue design if you wanted to have a look.

ZoSanDesu Fri 14-Oct-16 19:46:21

I sourced brooches from charity shops as well as borrowing from my relatives. I bought flower wire - the long ones, I think 12cm- and attached them. You'll need flower tape as well to wrap around the "stem".
The rest of the flowers I made both lace and ribbon. This is similar to the ribbons I made. http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/how-to-make-flat-ribbon-rose.html?m=1 You'll need brooch backs to attach to the ribbon roses to then attach to the wires and wrap. Then I started to arrange them which was a lot harder to keep rounded than I expected! Have attached a couple of pics of my process. Hope that helps!

ZoSanDesu Fri 14-Oct-16 19:47:17

And the finished bouquet...

ZoSanDesu Fri 14-Oct-16 21:15:34

12 inch flower wire, not cm! Bought all I needed off Amazon.

Bodear Sat 15-Oct-16 01:05:12

Wow! Loads of fantastic ideas. Thank you all so much smile I have loads to look at and I've certainly got the inspiration I asked for.

herecomesthsun Sat 15-Oct-16 02:40:20

What about finding a suitable Lulu Guinness bag?

I'm not sure whether she still makes them but one with roses might be fun if it can be found

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now