This dress with brown boots?

(15 Posts)
Littlebeek Fri 14-Oct-16 09:15:31

Would this green dress look ok with knee length brown boots or would I look like Robin Hood?

doubleristretto Fri 14-Oct-16 10:21:04

You could well be veering into Robin Hood territory. What are the boots like? If they're quite modern, like the dress, I think you might get away with it? Love the dress, BTW, what is the material?

RoganJosh Fri 14-Oct-16 10:22:20

I think it's a dark enough green to be completely fine.

SleepFreeZone Fri 14-Oct-16 10:23:00

Lovely 👍👍

Littlebeek Fri 14-Oct-16 20:50:07

Oh yes they are timberland stratham heights boots, really nice! Material is a jersey type but looks more wool.. hard to explain!

doubleristretto Sat 15-Oct-16 11:33:52

I think you'll look smashing! What tights would you wear? I'm never sure about black opaques with brown boots but maybe I worry needlessly!

Doobigetta Sat 15-Oct-16 14:44:03

The photo looks more grey than green, but it's a nice dress.

burnishedsilver Sat 15-Oct-16 15:05:04

I wouldn't have thought of it but now that you mention it, yes, you would look like Robin Hood.

I think it'll be okay. Maybe add a brocade scarf or somesuch to add more texture/colour to it?

Floisme Sat 15-Oct-16 15:54:27

I often wear dark green with brown boots. I accessorise with bow and arrow and have never had any problems.

Sadly, M&S were all out of bows and arrows today.

Littlebeek Sat 15-Oct-16 16:04:34

Flo grin

PoppyPicklesPenguin Sat 15-Oct-16 16:07:42

Do you wear a hat too Flo grin with a feather?

I agree it looks more grey than green, I think it would look lovely with brown boots and brown tights. I'd only think Robin Hood or Arrow if you had green tights on and it was grass green.

Floisme Sat 15-Oct-16 20:14:06

How did you know Poppy? grin

Actually I used to love a hat, with or without feathers but I don't have the right hair any more. I bet Mr Hood never had that problem.

PoppyPicklesPenguin Sun 16-Oct-16 15:38:11

I love a hat smile people don't wear them enough - green with feathers in not so much, but each to their own smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now