What style of boot for work?

(11 Posts)
FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 19:14:28

I work somewhere smart/casual and normally wear 7/8 length skinny trousers with a nice tee shirt and nice shoes, no socks (or none that you can see anyway).

As it's getting colder, so is the office and I want some flat or low heeled boots so that I don't get drafty ankles. These boots are a welly type so not exactly what I want, but would the style be appropriate? Or would it look daft? I can't work out whether I like it or not confused

burnishedsilver Thu 13-Oct-16 19:18:53

Do you mean regular chelsea boots? If so, they sound fine.

traviata Thu 13-Oct-16 19:24:38

what do you mean 'welly type' - are they made of rubber?
There are loads of boots around in that style - as pp said, just look for 'chelsea boots'.

MinnielovesMickey Thu 13-Oct-16 19:29:47

I agree with others, I think you're after a Chelsea boot....I had them last winter (dark brown) and this year I've gone for the lighter tan boots with the little heel. I only wear them to work on Fridays which is dress down as my place isn't casual but I think the Chelsea boot is smart and goes with anything.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 19:37:23

I mean would that style be good but probably not those exact ones pictured as they are wellies! grin

But seems like Chelsea boots are the way forward and I have just found another thread after almost the same thing as me with lots of ideas.

Thanks for your help.

keeponkeepinon Thu 13-Oct-16 19:38:48

Definitely Chelsea type or ankle boots. Just what I'm after!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 19:54:09

Just been looking at your thread keepon! grin

I'm totally off heels but I'm thinking maybe a stacked cowboy type would be ok...? Not sure. I don't really need new boots. I just want them!

keeponkeepinon Thu 13-Oct-16 20:07:00

Me too. I've fallen for some expensive boots I don't really need. Not really.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 20:15:03

I like both of these. But the heel on the leather one is the perfect shape. And the others aren't leather.

But they're £110 and the others are £40. So annoying. Why can't the good stuff be cheap?!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 20:18:24

And now just seen these but they're £140! I'm annoying myself now.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 13-Oct-16 20:18:50

And now just seen these but they're £140! I'm annoying myself now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now