Recommend me a hair colour remover please

(13 Posts)
heygotanygrapes Thu 13-Oct-16 17:06:30

Hello
So, I recently dyed my hair and it went a little darker than intended. Didn't mind the colour at first but now I really hate it. I'm wary of trying to lighten it with another dye before removing this one.

Any decent brands that won't completely destroy my hair?

TIA

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Thu 13-Oct-16 17:33:57

Scott cornwall. Decolour Remover. £12.99 in Boots.

heygotanygrapes Thu 13-Oct-16 17:45:09

Thank you smile

Str4ngedaysindeed Thu 13-Oct-16 17:46:40

Can you get them for blonde dye 😞

MarklahMarklah Thu 13-Oct-16 17:52:27

I used Colour B4 colour stripper. It was very effective, but the smell lingered for weeks. I had to slather on a load of extra conditioner as it made my hair feel 'crispy', but it doesn't seem to have been ruined by it.

Randytortoise Thu 13-Oct-16 18:11:11

I used the colour b4 stuff and it made me go bright orange! Definitely don't use it if your darker colour has any red in it as I think this is why I went orange.

heygotanygrapes Thu 13-Oct-16 18:34:30

No mine is brown (with a hint of khaki where I went over some residual blonde blush)

Isthatwhatdemonsdo Thu 13-Oct-16 19:09:14

The Decolour Remover you will have to wait at least a week to recolour. With the stripper you can recolour immediately. I've used both on my hair. Use the Scott Cornwall one much kinder to the hair and no horrible smell.

heygotanygrapes Thu 13-Oct-16 19:14:33

Ah thats useful to know, I will probably need a week to select the right colour so I don't mess up again grin

heygotanygrapes Fri 14-Oct-16 23:30:22

Popping back to say that the scott cornwall stuff worked a treat. There was an alarming hour of crayola yellow/orange but remedied with a dark blonde toner thing. Great productsmile

Greenglassteacup Sat 15-Oct-16 07:40:38

The Scott Cornwall one really does the job but the smell!!!! Oh my God, my hair reeked of rotten eggs for weeks

youvegottobekidding Sat 15-Oct-16 12:30:13

You could try the Vitamin C hair dye removal method, google it to find out how to do it, I've done several times and found it quite effective. All you need is a tube of effervescent vitamin c tablets and some clarifying or ant-dandruff shampoo. Basically you crush the tablets into a fine powder, mix with the shampoo, rub into damp hair, wrap in cling film and wait 1-2 hours and wash out & condition, any hair colour should be gone!

JanetStWalker Sat 15-Oct-16 12:35:29

I've used Fairy Liquid in a pinch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now