Gap skinny jeans - stretchy?

(5 Posts)
PhyllisWig Thu 13-Oct-16 06:55:42

I bought a pair of skinny jeans from a GAP outlet a few months ago. They are mostly proper denim with a tiny amount of Lycra so not v stretchy. They are 'night out' jeans rather than day to day and to date I haven't worn them. They seemed fine when I tried them on, good even but trying them on again, they do give me a lovely muffin top.

I am going away with work next week and have 2 smart casual nights out, ie smart jeans and nice top nights. I rarely have occasion for these type of outfits and am v limited in packing space so though eh up, I'll bring out the skinnies.

If I wear them around the house for a few hours will they loosen? Or am I on a hiding to nothing and will need to peg it down to the shops in my lunch hour and grab a new pair (good luck with that).

acurtis1234 Thu 13-Oct-16 08:15:54

In my experience Gap jeans stretch loads, which is why I don't buy them. So if you need them to stretch you should be fine!

PhyllisWig Thu 13-Oct-16 08:56:27

Excellent, I shall wear them for a few hours and spend my cash on a slouchy jumper just in case. Thanks

jobrum Thu 13-Oct-16 09:03:05

Yes. I used to buy Gap jeans then had a break from then when pregnant. Next pair purchased was disapointingly stretchy. They don't last a long now. So stretch: yes. As good quality: no.

NavyandWhite Thu 13-Oct-16 09:05:13

I've got loads of them and imo the "always skinny" aren't always skinny but just quite fitted! I find them to be quite tight the first day of wearing them then thereafter go a bit loose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now