Thermal underwear / clothing

(15 Posts)
spiderbabymum Wed 12-Oct-16 21:25:35

Can anyone reccomend where I can buy thermal leggings and vests , and a long sleeved top
That's good quality and feels nice against the skin
So is suitable for everyday wear
Live in Scotland and fed up being cold all winter

Artandco Wed 12-Oct-16 21:26:10

Finisterre

AllTheShoes Wed 12-Oct-16 21:30:17

Uniqlo. Their heattech stuff is really thin and comfy to wear, but very good as a bottom layer. I like the fact you can get different necklines, colours etc, so I've got various types to wear under work clothes and I can always find something that won't show or will look deliberate (sometimes I want a vest in a contrasting colour under a V necked dress).

Kr1stina Wed 12-Oct-16 21:32:41

Another vote for unilqlp heat tech . They have legging and tights too as well as tops in many colours and styles

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 12-Oct-16 21:45:16

I am also in Scotland and actually prefer the John Lewis thermal tops to Uniqlo - they are very similar but feel nicer and warmer. They do leggings and cami tops in the same range too.

spiderbabymum Wed 12-Oct-16 21:47:26

Many thanks to all . Lovely to get these reccomendations . Have been looking at some of the sports wear sites , eg millers but unfamiliar with the brands and would rather spend a bit more for something really good as I will probably be living in it .

bingohandjob Wed 12-Oct-16 21:52:01

Icebreaker merino is fabulous. Often available at discount price on sportpursuit. Also worth checking wiggle and Evans cycle shops as they have good deals on merino underwear - I've picked up some great quality bargains. Uniqlo Heat Tech also great.

TheSpottedZebra Wed 12-Oct-16 21:57:58

Weirdly, Aldi had some merino base layers in recently - and it's really nice! I stocked up for winter.
And yes, uniqlo heat tech for tops to sit well under misc. necklines as PP said.

spiderbabymum Wed 12-Oct-16 22:04:08

Wow I'm an Aldi / lidl shopper . Will head there pronto tomorrow . Thanks TheSpottedZebra

Happy50 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:24:20

Bamboo thermals are beautifully soft and non itchy

burnishedsilver Thu 13-Oct-16 14:29:39

Bamboo sounds interesting. Where would you buy them from?

lifeistooshort Thu 13-Oct-16 14:36:06

damart. not very glam though

Happy50 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:38:55

This company does thermals
bambooclothing.co.uk/category/clearance
Look in clearance first
This company does general leggings, vests etc

www.noballs.co.uk/

Bamboo is lovely, soft , sustainable and. So important for me doesn't itch

teta Thu 13-Oct-16 14:51:26

Brora thermals.Camisoles and tops.

Kittykatmacbill Thu 13-Oct-16 19:53:19

I got some great lidl thermal legging last year. It's due to be thermal stuff on oct 27th I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now