that elusive perfect jumper

(23 Posts)
lifeistooshort Wed 12-Oct-16 11:34:50

It would be V neck, deep preferably.

It would be thin-ish but not tissue thin but would still be very warm

It would be smart enough for work

It would have long sleeves that cover the WHOLE of my arms, not three quarters.

Likewise it would cover my tummy, not look like a crop top.

It would not have any cut out in the back, shoulders or any other areas.

It would be a simple, classic but warm jumper.

It would not break the bank to buy it.

Where where where can I find it?

Pistachiois50pmore Wed 12-Oct-16 11:38:39

Uniqlo

lifeistooshort Wed 12-Oct-16 11:48:29

I already looked at Uniqlo but didn't find the jumper

teta Wed 12-Oct-16 11:56:05

Woolovers or Pure Cashmere or Tk Maxx.

lifeistooshort Wed 12-Oct-16 12:00:22

ThanksTeta will have a look

lifeistooshort Wed 12-Oct-16 12:02:32

Yes thanks Teta woolover have some nice ones. Hurray.

PatriciaHolm Wed 12-Oct-16 12:04:52

I have this in 3 different colours -

www.amazon.co.uk/Amys-Womens-Jumper-V-Neck-brown/dp/B00OZLG9XW/ref=lp_4023582031_1_15?srs=4023582031&ie=UTF8&qid=1476270227&sr=8-15

It fits all your criteria!

Dulcimena Wed 12-Oct-16 12:05:04

Does this meet the criteria?

lifeistooshort Wed 12-Oct-16 13:37:57

Patricia and Dulcie YEs they do fit my criterias, perfect!

Patricia does the amazon one washes well and keep its shape?

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 12-Oct-16 13:56:21

La Redoute. They have absolutely loads in that style, I'm ordering a couple tonight.

I really rate La Redoute, I've had an account with them for 10 years+ and in the past year or two I've ordered more and more from them. Things fit and just look effortless and classy. Never had a problem with stuff shrinking or going odd in the wash either.

PatriciaHolm Wed 12-Oct-16 14:05:35

yes! I've had a couple for about a year and another for a few months, and they wash well, dry them flat.

nothingwittyhere Wed 12-Oct-16 14:11:00

Woolovers.com? I've just had an email from them saying they have a revamped website, looks like they now do 100% merino, in addition to the other million choices they offer. How about this www.woolovers.com/women/jumpers/womens-merino-v-neck-rib-detail-pale-blue-marl-4560

lifeistooshort Wed 12-Oct-16 15:12:34

Thank you all for the lovely recommendations.

I didn't know about Woolover but I think will try them. I will definitely buy the one from Amazon when in stock.

La Redoute I know very well (am French and it is an institution). I stopped buying a few years back as the quality had gone down but it might be time for me to reconnect.

Thanks all for the help. I might at last not be completely freezing this winter!

Darklane Wed 12-Oct-16 15:21:53

The Woolovers ones are really good. You want pure wool, not man made fibres like acrylic or polyester if you want warmth without weight.
The great thing about Woolovers is it's easy to get a perfect fit. You don't have to rely on small, medium, large or even 10/12/14. They give you the exact measurement of each garment across the body, just underneath the sleeves, tell you to measure one you have that's a perfect fit & order the same in inches.

MaQueen Wed 12-Oct-16 16:18:41

TK Maxx do fantastic, thin, cashmere sweaters in the style you want. I must have 5 or 6 of them, and live in them through the winter.

MuseumOfCurry Wed 12-Oct-16 18:32:48

www.jcrew.com/uk/womens_feature/TheCashmereShop/PRDOVR~E9259/E9259.jsp

ontherightpath Wed 12-Oct-16 18:40:09

www.marksandspencer.com/pure-wool-tailored-fit-jumper/p/p22465439?image=SD_01_T38_8401_MV_X_EC_90&color=ANTIQUEROSE&prevPage=plp

BaffledShirley Wed 12-Oct-16 19:10:26

Woolovers jumpers are great quality and cheap but sadly I don't think they can claim that their wool is from non-mulesed sheep - which has put me off them a bit.

Uniqlo and M&S have signed up to using wool from non-mulesed sheep so might be more ethical choices for a natural fibre wooly pully.

Jmangel Wed 12-Oct-16 20:45:21

Do you know what, I just picked up 3 of these exactly described jumpers in Primark for £4.50 each! They're going to be my staple jumper under jackets/coats etc. Thin in fabric but a really dense yarn so super snuggle. size up to get the cool Hush look. I got 12s but I'm an 8 usually - they have a slightly longer hemline at the back with side splits and a deep v neck but not too deep that you would flash boobage. I got black, grey and peachy nude. They also had navy, burgundy and cream:

lifeistooshort Thu 13-Oct-16 09:36:59

Oooh might look at TKMAXX too.

I saw the Marks one in store but it was very itchy.

That Jcrew one is lovely but a little out of my price range unfortunately.

I have non idea what a non-mulesed sheep is...I clearly need to educate myself!

LagoDiComo Thu 13-Oct-16 12:34:57

I got this yesterday. Comes up small but kind of fits the criteria. I have a long torso and big norks so struggle with length and this is fine. Nice to see a normal jumper rather than all the baggy, oversized, cold shoulder, uneven hemlines that are around at the moment
shop.mango.com/GB/p0/woman/clothing/cardigans-and-sweaters/cardigans/fine-knit-sweater?id=73015555_99&n=1&s=prendas.cardigans

Good to know those Amazon ones are ok

Branleuse Thu 13-Oct-16 12:37:45

I would look at machine washable Cashmere, probably something from M&S or boden, as theyre usually washable. Id get it off ebay to save money

lifeistooshort Thu 13-Oct-16 14:38:37

Very nice Lago but I don't think I would be a*sed to do the handwashing....

Want to be warm but am lazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now