Lipstick or stain that stays all day

(15 Posts)
Darkswan Tue 11-Oct-16 21:56:44

I have tried so many lipsticks and stains and aways within an hour or two all the colour in the centre of my lips is gone, but the colour around the edges stays so I look very odd.

I think perhaps it's because I drink a lot. I can't yse straws all the time though!

SillySongsWithLarry Tue 11-Oct-16 21:57:11

Benetint. It's amazing.

Darkswan Tue 11-Oct-16 21:57:26

I totally forgot to ask - any recommendations for a lipstick that lasts all day? Please!

Darkswan Tue 11-Oct-16 22:06:09

I've had that before but I do not think I used it on my lips, just cheeks. Thank you!

gail734 Tue 11-Oct-16 22:12:13

Maybelline Superstay 24 hour lip colour. You may actually have a problem removing it. Unlike Benetint, it comes in dozens of colours. I have about 4 different ones at the moment. I'm a teacher and I've had teenage girls ask me how often I reapply my lipstick. The answer is never. It stays on all day.

DerelictMyBalls Tue 11-Oct-16 22:23:57

Smashbox Limitless Lip Stain. I absolutely love it.

Barry M 'Genie' lasts well, too.

Haggisfish Tue 11-Oct-16 22:26:23

Maybelline 24 hour too and L'Oréal super stay one, both with top coats

Darkswan Wed 12-Oct-16 10:00:26

Thanks. I'll check them all out at the weekend. I think i might have tried the maybelline one and my lips still managed to defeat it. sad

ValerieAnn Wed 12-Oct-16 20:29:41

I agree, Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color really works!

You need to apply the lip gloss, let it dry and then put on the sealer layer. I normally apply two coats of gloss.

If you go to bed forgetting to remove your makeup, it's still there next morning and it doesn't seem to smudge the pillow.

Haggisfish Thu 13-Oct-16 20:01:38

It depends what you eat. Greasy or fatty foods remove it.

ThePortlyPinUp Thu 13-Oct-16 20:59:26

If you like a matte finish I swear by Limecrime velvetines. I have to scrub mine off with a flannel at night and I never touch up during the day.

Lululooselips Thu 13-Oct-16 22:39:21

YSL glossy stain

chattygranny Thu 13-Oct-16 22:43:19

Max Factor Lipfinity. Leave to dry completely before applying the moisturising coat. You literally have to remove it when you take your make up off. Fab for those of us who like to do make up once a day and forget it.

hollinhurst84 Thu 13-Oct-16 23:20:25

La splash liquid lipsticks. They're matte though but don't budge all day

Darkswan Sun 16-Oct-16 20:25:06

So I decided to give maybelline super stay again and it turns out the problem was the way i was applying it. Apparently make up lessons were all i needed blush

Going to checkout the others recommended too. I did test barry m genie and liked that too, so will get that one as well.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now