Just complained at hairdressers ..feel bad now :-/

(10 Posts)
Louisajohnson224 Tue 11-Oct-16 13:30:57

I got extensions (mini rings) put in 8 days ago and 11 fell out already.
The girl who put them in was newly trained and I was her first client..she only did a 1 day course.
I've wore extensions for years so I know how to look after them etc.
I went back polite and smiley and just said "hiya you did my extensions last week but I'm having problems and 11 have fallen out already,could I make a appointment to get the ones that have fallen out re attached and just check the rest are tight enough"
She looked at her manager and the manager looked me up and down and said do it just do it now ..in a snotty voice..didn't even make eye contact.
The girl then said your obviously brushing too hard ..they look OK to me ..I don't think 11 has fallen out ..
I opened my bag and showed her them..feel like an idiot now

PointlessUsername Tue 11-Oct-16 13:32:51

You paid for a service and we're unhappy.

I think you were right to go back.

LilQueenie Tue 11-Oct-16 13:35:58

you did the right thing. One was rude to you and the other denied they had fallen out when you had the evidence. I think you may be best going elsewhere next time.

Liiinoo Tue 11-Oct-16 15:51:22

They were very rude. You were absolutely right to go back and ask them to correct it and it sounds like you did it very graciously.

Some salons are so short sighted about customer service. If they had said 'Oh, we are so sorry. X is new and still developing her skills, please sit down, have a cup of tea and let's sort this out for you, it would have been no more work for them and they would have retained a customer. If they had chucked in a free hair care product at the end you would be singing their praises all over town and they might have got new customers.

FlameGrower Tue 11-Oct-16 15:54:30

You shouldn't feel like an idiot, but they most certainly should.
Some hairdressers have the worst customer service. As well as course on extensions they'd do well to go on courses on how to maintain customers.

Don't go back there again OP.

mycatstares Tue 11-Oct-16 15:55:29

I'd have just asked for my money back, cheeky sods!

coeurcourageuse Tue 11-Oct-16 16:06:28

You were well within your rights to go back OP - don't feel bad. I'm sorry you had such a rubbish experience after being gracious about their errors.

Echoing what Liiinoo said - I work in hospitality and the cost of giving a customer who complains a round of drinks or similar is more than worth it to maintain their custom, or at least as a goodwill gesture.

Louisajohnson224 Tue 11-Oct-16 16:29:25

After the first few fell out I thought ok not great but not worth going back.
It's a shame because I would of made it my local place to go.
I got my last lot at a shop in Newcastle and had them in 16 weeks and not 1 fell out.
Wish I had went back to that shop.
I won't be going back to this hairdresser again as I feel too awkward now..hope no more drop out

CheekyMcgee Tue 11-Oct-16 16:35:37

But you should not be feeling like an idiot or feeling awkward OP. You've paid for a service which they have not provided properly and they've been rude. They are in the wrong, so take your custom elsewhere and don't give them a second thought.

LeatherAndLace Tue 11-Oct-16 16:47:57

Screw them and take your business elsewhere.
I've complained to my hairdresser before and she was lovely, offered a complimentary restyle. It's kept me going back there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now