Lovely children's dressing gowns

(13 Posts)
Northanter Tue 11-Oct-16 11:07:20

Can anyone help me find a lovely dressing gown for DD?

It is for her 10th birthday. It must be "squishily snuggly and fluffily cosy".

Ideally not pink, but she does like colourful, floral patterns, not just plain or stripes/spots. Favourite colours are green, blue, purple, red, yellow.

I would prefer not white or cream, and ideally not too "pastelly" as I think it looks grubby more quickly.

We both fell in love with this one from Next but it only goes up to age 8.
Has anyone seen anything at all similar for older girls?
Since it is a birthday present, I am willing to pay a bit more to get something she will love, but haven't found anything and time is running out!

Undersmile Tue 11-Oct-16 11:10:41

The nicest we've had have been the White Company ones. I know they're £££ but there are often 20% off codes floating around, and if you catch the sale right, you can get them 40% off (e.g. in next size up).
They're usually white with soft coloured print such as roses or stars.

LucyLastik Tue 11-Oct-16 11:10:52

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=a9ascc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ablue+zoo+dressing+gown&keywords=blue+zoo+dressing+gown&ie=UTF8&qid=1476180553

Got my lot one of these each, lovely and fleecy and can be tumble dried too

BravoHopeful Tue 11-Oct-16 11:11:19

I know it's anathema on S&B threads, but Boden? <ducks and runs, clutching 20% off voucher code that's on another thread somewhere)

Undersmile Tue 11-Oct-16 11:11:48

Oops- just seen not white!blush
Sorry. Vertbaudet always had lovely bright coloured ones, but not sure what age they'd go up to- proper bright orange, green, etc

Maudlinmaud Tue 11-Oct-16 11:11:57

I bought a really nice snuggly one from primark (I know)
My dd has asked for the same one as she loves it so much.
Sorry can't be more helpful.

Metellaestinhortobibit Tue 11-Oct-16 11:15:54

this one from Monsoon is very snugly and more blue/turquoise is real life

Artandco Tue 11-Oct-16 11:20:20

The little white company

www.thewhitecompany.com/Gracie-Floral-Robe-6-12yrs/p/GRSVB?swatch=White

jennymac Tue 11-Oct-16 13:01:43

I always get my kids dressing gowns from M&S and have found the quality and snuggleness factor to be great!

herbaceous Tue 11-Oct-16 13:07:49

DS has a super-soft and snuggly dressing gown from Hatley. Not cheap, but very good quality.

Northanter Tue 11-Oct-16 13:08:06

Thank you!

I love the Monsoon one! Would never have thought that they sold dressing gowns, I thought it was just party dresses. The white company one is very nice too, actually, and I think DD would really like it. Maybe I can get over it being white grin.

I have looked at M&S and Boden already, but they were a bit boring, according to DD.

Pantsalive Tue 11-Oct-16 14:02:55

Joules but it's rather ££

flanjabelle Tue 11-Oct-16 14:04:33

M&s are so unbelievably soft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now