Hunting for a winter coat.

(11 Posts)
KatamariDamacy Mon 10-Oct-16 14:33:05

Lost track of what will suit me. I need something cosy for the school run as the weather gets properly cold.

I'm thinking navy, mid length, hood, warm, waterproof.

Where is good for coats these days? Where do I start?

OdinsLoveChild Mon 10-Oct-16 14:37:23

Here: www.didriksons.com/en-gb/products/women/

Theyre bloody brilliant. I bought 1 for my DS and ended up getting everyone one.

littlejo67 Mon 10-Oct-16 18:45:06

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/women/clothing/casual-jackets-in-soft-cord-and-printed-cotton

The above s a good range of coats- otherwise go yo somewhere like Cotswold Outdoors or Go Outdoors for a technical jacket.

KatamariDamacy Mon 10-Oct-16 20:37:13

Is this vile?

SavoyCabbage Mon 10-Oct-16 20:43:30

Yes it is. Sorry. It's a fisherman in Balamory's coat that he wears to the bait shop.

I recommend Didrikson too.

FelicityRivers Mon 10-Oct-16 20:48:54

I have just bought myself this coat:

www.fatface.com/jackets/cumbria-longline-puffer-jacket/invt/914025#ff_colour=Phantom

Marzipants Mon 10-Oct-16 20:56:51

I am hankering after this one: m.cotswoldoutdoor.com/ayacucho-womens-starboard-winter-coat-a4215038

Tried it on and it's soooo lovely and warm. Gives me a bit of a waist too.

KatamariDamacy Mon 10-Oct-16 21:18:48

Ooh, like the fat face one. Can't find a decent picture of the Ayacucho one. Planning a trip to a Cotswold outdoor store...

Thelovecats Tue 11-Oct-16 06:51:05

Lots of things aren't actually waterproof, even though they look it.
What about this joules one here or seasalt Janelle?

Redzer Tue 11-Oct-16 06:55:45

I have the vile seasalt one shock. I love it and I've had lots of compliments asking where it's from. Maybe it's better in the flesh.

LifeIsGoodish Tue 11-Oct-16 07:14:57

Lands End

If I could, I would own several of their coats in different weights. As it is I have to make-do with just the Commuter Down coat, which is like wearing a hug. Poor me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now