Opinions needed. The kids tell me my new shoes are 'pirate shoes'

(38 Posts)
JohnCheese Mon 10-Oct-16 10:19:32

As above, put on my new shoes this morning. Have trews and leopard print jumper on, put on my new shoes, walked into the kitchen expecting compliments but no, apparently they are 'not nice at all' and they are PIRATE SHOES', and 'no no they are not right'.
Ffs, what's wrong with them? Are they pirate shoes??

They are available in the fabulous gold. Was sorely tempted to buy them too. Pah to that.... Unless you lot tell me they're great.wink

Scarydinosaurs Mon 10-Oct-16 10:25:45

Mmmmmm a little bit pirates. Avoid stripes and 7/8 trousers??

JohnCheese Mon 10-Oct-16 10:27:35

grin Never thought of that. Narrowly missed the stripes this morning but maybe the leopard isn't much better.

ShowMeTheElf Mon 10-Oct-16 10:27:49

Pirate is good!
Anyhoo they are only pirate if you're principal Boy. Stop slapping your thigh though, it's probably going too far!
I like them.

Floisme Mon 10-Oct-16 10:28:36

They look fine to me. I'm not mad about the buckle but it's not a deal breaker. I think you should also get the gold and wear them every time they have friends round.

LastPictureshow Mon 10-Oct-16 10:29:17

Love the gold version, trés Megan Draper!

Mrsmaudwatts Mon 10-Oct-16 10:29:40

Shiver me timbers, i see what they're saying. Just pirate it out, matey

Imsickofnamechanging Mon 10-Oct-16 10:30:33

I like them but can see what the kids mean grin, wear them with pride.

VioletBam Mon 10-Oct-16 10:30:58

Oh I like them! But then I once bought a bright red coat with a white fur trim and never once equated it with Mother Christmas. My DH saw me and said "Ho, ho ho!"

And I never wore it again! He was sorry he'd said it...he still maintains he loved it on me but couldn't help himself.

NewStartNewName Mon 10-Oct-16 10:31:29

Ha ha pirate shoes!! Sorry OP but I can kind of see where they're coming from! Not to my taste as all, but if you like them, wear them.

FauxFox Mon 10-Oct-16 10:31:45

I like a bit of Pirate - there are definitely worse places to look for fashion inspiration. Pirates are ace grin

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 10-Oct-16 10:32:09

hmmm definitely a waft of the high seas and shiver me timbers about them

Imsickofnamechanging Mon 10-Oct-16 10:32:33

OP's shoes are now coming up on my window side adverts grin

JohnCheese Mon 10-Oct-16 10:33:35

Yes DD2 also complained about the buckle. I thought the gold were gorgeous. I think I will buy.

I should go home this evening with a 7/8 loose trousers, stripes, the shoes, and one of those scarfy bandana things pirates wear, and then insist that the kids come for a walk with me, on a busy road. That'll give them something to complain about grin

GypsyFl0ss Mon 10-Oct-16 10:38:33

I think they look a bit Principal Boy. You need white tights, bloomers and a hat with a feather. And a maid to rescue smile

Spam88 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:39:47

I can see where they're coming from, but there's nothing wrong with being a bit pirates.

JohnCheese Mon 10-Oct-16 10:54:40

Am definitely getting the gold.
But now I'm losing my pirate courage and thinking of returning the black. Shiver me timbers. Fickle is my middle name. Not sure I can walk the plank of shame into the kitchen any morning soon. Arrr.

Summer23 Mon 10-Oct-16 11:03:51

Ha! Love this thread 😂😂

Squeegle Mon 10-Oct-16 11:09:12

Great shoes. Nothing wrong with a bit of pirate now and again.

shovetheholly Mon 10-Oct-16 11:10:12

I have tunics and leggings, and have just added my favourite warm knee-high books in recognition of the season... I realised yesterday that it does look a bit 'panto' grin.

I do not care though, I am way too comfy to change.

Notthecarwashagain Mon 10-Oct-16 11:13:57

Why do your kids tell you your shoes are piratey?
Because they arrrrrrrr! grin

I like them though. Great shoes!

Worieddd Mon 10-Oct-16 11:15:08

Ooh aaarrr

They are are a bit

DerelictMyBalls Mon 10-Oct-16 11:33:55

They are slightly piratey, yes, but you should wear them anyway.

JohnCheese Mon 10-Oct-16 12:18:04

grin

I'll try them on again this evening. Swashbuckle my was on board for dinner.

Bostin Mon 10-Oct-16 12:22:51

I'd say more black adder than pirate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now