Post hospital bleurgh

(3 Posts)
MissElphabaThropp Sun 09-Oct-16 11:20:54

I've been in hospital off and on of late with what's now been diagnosed as chronic migraine, vomiting, sight loss etc.

It's really taken it's toll on me, I'm now in a lot of meds, still feel dreadful while we're trying to get the balance right.

Oddly enough I feel like utter crap & look like it too. Does anyone have any suggestions for things that might help me feel better - DH is going to help me wash my hair this morning as I don't know how long it's been since I have. I just want to feel cosy, and a bit more comfortable. I thought some new pjs might help but can't think of anything else. DH thought you might be able to help so has typed this up for me. He doesn't mind me saying this is not his forte although he's ace in lots of other ways

Nearlyadoctor Sun 09-Oct-16 11:43:19

How about some really nice bubble bath that you wouldn't ordinarily buy for everyday, eg Molton Brown.
If your going to be sat around a lot some nice fluffy socks so you feet stay warm. White company do lovely cashmere bed socks or fat face fluvia socks are really snugly 2 pairs for £12 I think.
You might not feel up to reading but perhaps an audiobook or cd of music you like. Nice lip balm and hand cream?
Hope you feel better soon, perhaps you decide what you'd really like as a treat when your a bit bets and plan a trip so you have something to look towards, new coat, winter boots. flowers to cheer you up.

Nearlyadoctor Sun 09-Oct-16 11:44:22

Sorry you're not your! Should have read it through..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now