Wedding make up - I'm clueless!

(4 Posts)
DefinitelyOdd Sun 09-Oct-16 11:18:10

So my friend is getting married at the end of October and has announced that due to time constraints on the day and finances that we now have to all do our own hair and make up. Hair I can do. Make up.......not so much.

I need recomendations for an entire look. Foundations, eye shadows, blush, lips, eye brows and mascara. (Also tips on how to put things on would be amazing).

The dress is navy if that is any help. Thank you. X

wowfudge Sun 09-Oct-16 11:27:10

Can the other bridesmaids help? You will probably be getting ready together anyway. Have a look at Lisa Eldridge's videos on YouTube - there's all sorts there, including a great one on choosing and applying foundation.

DefinitelyOdd Sun 09-Oct-16 11:45:22

I wish they could but we all have to be at the bride's mums house by half seven ready and raring to go.

People who get married before lunchtime are evil.

JamieVardysParty Sun 09-Oct-16 11:49:09

I did my friend's makeup for her wedding. Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Urban Decay, Estee Lauder and Clarins are your friend for neutral, glowy makeup. Definitely go to a department store or Space NK and ask for help.

Primer - Laura Mercier is great, concealer before foundation to avoid a cakey look (NARS and MAC are my favourites). Match foundation to your collar bone to avoid mismatch with face and chest. Avoid a SPF in the foundation. Laura Mercier do a great loose powder to set.

Bobbi Brown do a great non-orange bronzer and also Slopes blush is one of the most flattering pinks for pretty much all skin tones. Maybe get your eyebrows tinted etc beforehand and then use Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil and brow gel through to tidy up (their grey eyebrow pencil is perfect if you have dark hair, no red tones). Urban Decay for neutral eyeshadow - 3 colours needed (goldy type one for all over lid, matte brown for the crease, lighter shimmery one for inner corner highlight).

Bobbi Brown/Smashbox/MAC all do a great gel liner in a pot that lasts all day if you use eyeliner, a navy could look nice. Curl eyelashes and mascara. Bobbi Brown again for a pinky nude lipstick and set with Urban Decay makeup setting spray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now