Does this exist?

(8 Posts)
A116 Sun 09-Oct-16 09:48:47

Hi!

I'm going to a wedding in a couple of months where I need to bring my A game. I've just cut a few inches off my hair and the style that seems to suit me best is fitted cups with straps, i.e., my properly fitting swimming costume.

This might be a stupid question, but can you get a dress that's got fitted cups and straps? I feel like it's quite a 1950's vibe but I don't know what to Google! I'm so rubbish at this nowadays and I don't want to look like I'm in fancy dress but, like I said, I need to bring it.

If this makes any sense, any thoughts on either what search terms to Google or where I might be able to get such a thing?

Thanks!

innocentinfamy Sun 09-Oct-16 09:55:21

Try googling rockabilly dresses?

disneyprincesswannabe Sun 09-Oct-16 10:10:46

Have a look on the Lindybop website. They may have something like what you describe

disneyprincesswannabe Sun 09-Oct-16 10:12:19

Is this the kind of style you mean?

A116 Sun 09-Oct-16 10:42:27

Thanks for the rockabilly hint!

I did think about Lindybop which was always raved about from my breastfeeding days but I'd heard mixed reviews about the quality - do you own any disneyprincess ? Are they any good?

This is the kind of neckline I'm thinking. But perhaps a bit less booby.

www.figleaves.com/uk/curvy-kate-aloha-padded-balcony-tankini-top/CUR-005509.html?dwvar_CUR-005509_color=741906&cgid=swimwear-tankinis#start=10

Also, definitely no halternecks. I get a headache after five minutes in a halterneck because of the mega boobs that mean I can only buy mega expensive cupsize fitted swimwear!

disneyprincesswannabe Sun 09-Oct-16 11:33:54

No I don't own any, just eyeing a couple up. I put "moulded cup dress" and it came up with this dress which was apparently eBay (so probably not available right anymore). THIS website seems to show a few moulded cup dresses as well. Good luck with your search

disneyprincesswannabe Sun 09-Oct-16 11:34:29

Sorry forgot to include the picture of the dress!

A116 Sun 09-Oct-16 11:56:16

Oo! Moulded cup! Yes! That'll definitely help my searching. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now